Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1

    For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.







  2. #2

    Re: For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

    The NFL already announced that it will release the schedule on April 22nd.




  3. #3

    Re: For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    The NFL already announced that it will release the schedule on April 22nd.
    The NFL hasn't announced a damn thing, yet. ProFootballtalk speculated it would be released the 22nd, or the 23rd, or the 24th. But other than their PR guy tweeting "we will announce it when we announce it" the NFL has been silent on this other than running a crawl on NFL network saying "2014 NFL schedule release coming soon".




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,266

    Re: For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

    I don't get why people are so upset that the NFL hasn't released the schedule yet.




  5. Re: For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I don't get why people are so upset that the NFL hasn't released the schedule yet.
    It's part of being an NFL fan.

    Everybody's starving for football again and seeing who you play and when builds up the momentum of knowing the season is coming soon.

    Kind of like the draft...

    No matter who we draft, none of us know how well those guys will perform, but it's like getting cool christmas presents except in the Spring.

    That, and people want to start planning their year with road trips, etc. (flights, hotels, etc.)

    In my case, I am planning on going to New Orleans with several folks on here.
    I need to get my vacation request turned into work ASAP before others may request the same days off and I'm denied those days.
    The delay of the schedule seriously reduces the chances that my request days off are granted, particularly if it's around a holiday weekend.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,266

    Re: For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    It's part of being an NFL fan.

    Everybody's starving for football again and seeing who you play and when builds up the momentum of knowing the season is coming soon.

    Kind of like the draft...

    No matter who we draft, none of us know how well those guys will perform, but it's like getting cool christmas presents except in the Spring.

    That, and people want to start planning their year with road trips, etc. (flights, hotels, etc.)

    In my case, I am planning on going to New Orleans with several folks on here.
    I need to get my vacation request turned into work ASAP before others may request the same days off and I'm denied those days.
    The delay of the schedule seriously reduces the chances that my request days off are granted, particularly if it's around a holiday weekend.
    I get all that. People are trying to plan vacations/travel days to attend games. I'm in the same boat living in Germany and wanting to attend at least 2 games this year.

    The off season sucks and we all are starved for the NFL...it just seems like the popular thing to do is hate on the NFL.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Westminster (FORMER Training Camp)
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I don't get why people are so upset that the NFL hasn't released the schedule yet.
    As Fanatic said, the schedule for the last part of the year depends on the NFL schedule. Whether it is an away game or scheduling other events, how it all plays out is important. When I invest the kind of money I do into season tickets I want to go to all of them, and with 3 of 4 children living out of state, getting them an opportunity to come to town for a game is a project.

    And yea I am addicted to the sport.
    Captain Offense




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,506

    Re: For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    it just seems like the popular thing to do is hate on the NFL.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #9

    Re: For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

    I love the NFL. For an organization that gets so much right, it surprises me that they screwed this up. I, like many try to go to one away game a year, preferably someplace warm like Miami or New Orleans, or someplace fun like Nashville. These games are always well attended by lots of folks wearing purple.

    As many others have said, I have to make work and travel arrangements. I hold off making reservations for work trips until after the schedule comes out. Add in a wife and possibly older adult kids going who also work, and the planning becomes exponentially more difficult. And hotel and airline tickets only get more expensive as time goes by. With half of Baltimore wanting to go back to New Orleans this year, I suspect cheap tickets the weekend of that game will go quickly.

    I would really like to go back to New Orleans this year, but with a wedding already planned in October and other family plans in the fall and winter, I am not sure whether that will be an option this year.

    After the winter we had this year who wouldn't want to plan a trip to New Orleans, Miami or Tampa (if New Orleans does not work out)?




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    7,794

    Re: For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    ...it just seems like the popular thing to do is hate on the NFL.
    If the NFL treated the fans with any sort of respect there wouldn't be the hate. Instead, they pull some fake bull crap and try to pass it off as truth, insulting our intelligence. All they had to do was to come clean from the start and say they were shifting the dates of a variety of activities and explain why (or not). Instead, they make it look like it is someone else's fault - the good old game of shifting the blame and failing to be a stand up enterprise. They do this with a lot of things. Nobody likes to be lied to, and nobody likes to be jerked around.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,948
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

    schedules will be out by this time next week. good enough for me...
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,266

    Re: For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    If the NFL treated the fans with any sort of respect there wouldn't be the hate. Instead, they pull some fake bull crap and try to pass it off as truth, insulting our intelligence. All they had to do was to come clean from the start and say they were shifting the dates of a variety of activities and explain why (or not). Instead, they make it look like it is someone else's fault - the good old game of shifting the blame and failing to be a stand up enterprise. They do this with a lot of things. Nobody likes to be lied to, and nobody likes to be jerked around.
    I disagree that the NFL should "respect" the fans. The NFL doesn't owe any fan anything. If you don't like their practices than stop viewing their programs and stop spending your money on them. Just complaining comes off as childish IMO.
    Last edited by Dade; 04-18-2014 at 10:19 AM.




  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,506

    Re: For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I disagree that the NFL should "respect" the fans. The NFL doesn't owe any fan anything. If you don't like their practices than stop viewing their programs and stop spending your money on them. Just complaining comes off as childish IMO.
    I don't know if I'd go as far to say they shouldn't respect the fans but I definitely agree they don't owe us anything other than the product they're providing.

    Your sentiment is spot on though. If I go to a restaurant and I don't like the food, service, etc I don't spend my money there. I don't go to the owner expecting something more out of the deal. Personally, I could care less the reasons behind the schedule release being moved. Even with it moved to next week, there's still plenty of lead time to schedule trips for away games.

    By and large, the league does a good job at listening to the fans. We see as much with their efforts to make the in game experience more attractive.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,266

    Re: For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't know if I'd go as far to say they shouldn't respect the fans but I definitely agree they don't owe us anything other than the product they're providing.

    Your sentiment is spot on though. If I go to a restaurant and I don't like the food, service, etc I don't spend my money there. I don't go to the owner expecting something more out of the deal. Personally, I could care less the reasons behind the schedule release being moved. Even with it moved to next week, there's still plenty of lead time to schedule trips for away games.

    By and large, the league does a good job at listening to the fans. We see as much with their efforts to make the in game experience more attractive.
    Exactly.




  15. #15

    Re: For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't know if I'd go as far to say they shouldn't respect the fans but I definitely agree they don't owe us anything other than the product they're providing.

    Your sentiment is spot on though. If I go to a restaurant and I don't like the food, service, etc I don't spend my money there. I don't go to the owner expecting something more out of the deal. Personally, I could care less the reasons behind the schedule release being moved. Even with it moved to next week, there's still plenty of lead time to schedule trips for away games.

    By and large, the league does a good job at listening to the fans. We see as much with their efforts to make the in game experience more attractive.
    I think you make some good points, but the comparison to the restaurant industry falls a little short IMO. If a given restaurant fails to meet my standards I can stop patronizing it and take my money elsewhere--and presumably if others follow suit then either that restaurant responds by improving or fails and the overall pool of restaurants gets better by subtraction.

    The NFL isn't like that, though, because they are a government-sanctioned monopoly and there is no competition in their market segment. Since they have total monopoly over a high-demand market, there is virtually no way to use the kind of market pressure you could in the restaurant example. It behooves the NFL to listen to the fans to some degree but they're not going to lose out on revenue by pissing fans off--consumers will simply grudgingly spend money and watch TV instead of happily doing so.

    I don't think it's "hating" (hate that word) on the NFL to criticize the schedule release and draft dates. I follow the draft community closely and this is probably the quietest and lowest-energy draft season I've seen in years despite having one of the best and most interesting draft classes in a long time. It's pretty much universally agreed that pushing the draft back created a weird media-black-hole through mid to late April that is really dampening everyone's enthusiasm.

    It just is what it is... the NFL, usually a very savvy operation when it comes to these things, made a bad call to push these dates back for questionable reasons. It reminds me of how they moved the Pro Bowl to Miami one year instead of Hawaii. It was a dumb mistake, everyone hated it, and the NFL moved it back the next year. If the NFL sticks to their cover story (that the draft was moved because Radio City Music Hall was booked up the original day) then they could easily fix the problem next year with no egg on their face. I think that's what will end up happening.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland