Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: The Eagles place LG Evan Mathis on the trade block.

If Osemele is healthy we have two guards. Its our time to snub Mathis.

We already have 2 good Gs. Need an RT and some young depth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    when he was a FA and turned us down he was one of the best Gs apparently (i believe that was PFF everyone was touting). Than he re-signed and had a bad year IIRC. apparently he had a good year last year... so at 33 hes on the down side of his career which seems like its pretty inconsistent. wanting a raise on top of that... Id pass on all accounts.
    I agree. His attitude pisses me off. Just 2 years ago he was paid top Guard money. He used us to get a great deal from the Eagles. Just because he's coming off a great season should that deal be ripped up and significantly increased? Not if I ran the team. I have a feeling the Eagles won't trade him because at 33 with those contract demands they won't get much. He'll bitch and moan but he'll also play the season for the Eagles.

Blog Entries

No thanks.

Blog Entries

I'm not interested, but I think his cousin Johnny would be. This is what he said about Mathis joining the Ravens :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7wr2FBxcyI

... Bc

Re: Do the Ravens Still Like Evan Mathis?

Seriously, what is this guy's problem? 25M, 5M a season, isn't enough to live on? I guess he's trying to make up for the 6 seasons he sat the bench. Mathis should consider himself lucky he got the contract he did. I don't know how his contract affects Philly's cap, but he better be careful or he could end up released and getting paid half as much someplace else. The Eagles are just as capable of drafting another player to play G as any other team.

Besides, Kelly's system is designed to make Olinemen look good, conditioning is the #1 prerequisite, not to mention all of the talented skill players the Eagles have. I wonder how Mathis would do in an offense where the Dlinemen get a chance line up and catch their breath. The Ravens should stay away from him unless he's cut and they can get him for a song, and even then they should vet him thoroughly. He had his chance to come here.

The time for the Ravens and Mathis have passed when he agreed to go back to Philly. He is getting bad advice from his agent. No one is going to give him more than 5m a year at age 33. His shot at a big contract was the last contract. The Ravens do not have a spot open at G nor do they have the cap space to pay him more than 5m a year. Don't do Osemele the way you did Oher. Leave him at LG.