Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The case for (or against) Ed Dickson

man I wish this stubborn coaching staff had put Furst out there last season when its apparent Joe had no TE's he could count on, I don't get why we keep players who can play off the field sometimes. Furst is going to emerge I felt it last year and I am calling it this year.

If you watch this clip, you will see why it's hard to give up on him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    man I wish this stubborn coaching staff had put Furst out there last season when its apparent Joe had no TE's he could count on, I don't get why we keep players who can play off the field sometimes. Furst is going to emerge I felt it last year and I am calling it this year.
    I do too. 6'4 245 and ran a 4.5 40. His shuttle was impressive also showing he can get in and out of breaks which bodes well for getting a block and than leaking out to cut across the middle. I really think he can be that under the radar just hard worker like a Zach Miller. Get on your block than go get open. Ok his ceiling isn't that high but still. I can see him getting a couple dozen key first downs this year. 30 rec 300 yards and his first NFL receiving TD. Thasts typically what the TE2 gets in Kubes system.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post

Not really. In 9 min there was only a dozen catches as most were replays and out of those only a couple were contested. All in all he has the same "skill set" as Pitta except Pitta is far better. So for the system we'll be running he would be Pittas back up, the problem being even Joe doesn't have faith in him.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Not really. In 9 min there was only a dozen catches as most were replays and out of those only a couple were contested. All in all he has the same "skill set" as Pitta except Pitta is far better. So for the system we'll be running he would be Pittas back up, the problem being even Joe doesn't have faith in him.
    I'm talking about the incredible athleticism he has for a TE. I guarantee another team will take a chance on him and then another team after that.

Blog Entries

I'm talking about the incredible athleticism he has for a TE. I guarantee another team will take a chance on him and then another team after that.
    Yep. And hes proven not to be reliable. His blocking is poor enough that he's primarily just another split out TE only one with unreliable hands. Sure a team will take a chance on him as a backup, maybe even us.

I can accept whatever the Ravens do with him at this stage. I hope he has another level to reach, but last year was a major disappointment. As has been said earlier, he had every opportunity that he could handle the job with the contract year and the injury to Pitta and he failed. He looked to be "soft", and that is not what you want from a TE. His hands did not seem to be tuned right; resulting in some INT's when the ball bounced. Nothing seemed to be in sync.

Right now, I am not convinced that he is good enough to meet their needs. If they know better, then so be it. I will just wait to see if he has reached inside and found that "heart".
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

he hasn't been in that form since then, i did like the background music tho who is that?

Blog Entries

I do too. 6'4 245 and ran a 4.5 40. His shuttle was impressive also showing he can get in and out of breaks which bodes well for getting a block and than leaking out to cut across the middle. I really think he can be that under the radar just hard worker like a Zach Miller. Get on your block than go get open. Ok his ceiling isn't that high but still. I can see him getting a couple dozen key first downs this year. 30 rec 300 yards and his first NFL receiving TD. Thasts typically what the TE2 gets in Kubes system.
    all we ever heard about was him catching passes and scoring Tds, I don't if it was against scrubs because in the bills game they were down to their 4th corner and not one pass catcher on the Ravens could do shit.

Yep. And hes proven not to be reliable. His blocking is poor enough that he's primarily just another split out TE only one with unreliable hands. Sure a team will take a chance on him as a backup, maybe even us.
    You're missing the point. If he was reliable (with his athleticism), we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    perhaps the guy simply can't play...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    perhaps the guy simply can't play...
    gino cant play either but he was out there.