QB A.J. MCCARRON
    ALABAMA

WR DONTE MONCRIEF
    OLE MISS

TE COLT LYERLA
    OREGON

DE BEN GARDNER
    STANFORD
    I keep getting McCarron in the third and fourth round. I'd be shocked if Hyde was around in the third like most of these boards have him. My drafts keep netting a lot of talent in the first four rounds because of other teams drafting for need. Ja'Wuan James was a first timer in any of my drafts. When I looked him up he has great size and motor to be a solid starting RT for a long time in the NFL.

Re: FanSpeak Mock Draft Simulator

17 CB JUSTIN GILBERT
    OKLAHOMA STATE

48 DT RA'SHEDE HAGEMAN
    MINNESOTA

79 DE KAREEM MARTIN
    NORTH CAROLINA

99 WR JARVIS LANDRY
    LSU

134 RB TERRANCE WEST
    TOWSON

138 DE WILL CLARKE
    WEST VIRGINIA

175 DT JUSTIN ELLIS
    LOUISIANA TECH

194 TE JACOB PEDERSEN
    WISCONSIN

I followed my BPA. It worked out well. No OTs...but I don't see any lower level offensive lineman that would start on our team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And no safeties

What is the logic behind Justin Gilbert in the 1st? Almost all of of the time Zach Martin or Clinton-Dix is available for that pick. Picking Gilbert nets the Ravens a legit talent for the slot for his first season but where does that leave Webb and Smith? Webb is only 28 and will more than likely top out talent-wise in the next two years if he doesn't get injured again. Jimmy is on the rise and finally showing the talent we all know he has but hasn't shown. Gilbert, a solid pick, wouldn't be the best fit for the Ravens' number one pick. There's too much talent available at that time to add depth to a position that already has two legitimate starters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaStevez View Post
    What is the logic behind Justin Gilbert in the 1st? Almost all of of the time Zach Martin or Clinton-Dix is available for that pick. Picking Gilbert nets the Ravens a legit talent for the slot for his first season but where does that leave Webb and Smith? Webb is only 28 and will more than likely top out talent-wise in the next two years if he doesn't get injured again. Jimmy is on the rise and finally showing the talent we all know he has but hasn't shown. Gilbert, a solid pick, wouldn't be the best fit for the Ravens' number one pick. There's too much talent available at that time to add depth to a position that already has two legitimate starters.
    IMO Gilbert is the top CB in this draft, and certainly worthy of the 17th pick. In today's NFL, three solid CBs are a must. So many teams playing 3 or even 4 WRs and/or two TE sets, make Dbacks a valuable commodity to have... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    IMO Gilbert is the top CB in this draft, and certainly worthy of the 17th pick. In today's NFL, three solid CBs are a must. So many teams playing 3 or even 4 WRs and/or two TE sets, make Dbacks a valuable commodity to have... Bc
    Agreed. My only worry is that this is not a deep S class. After HHCD, Pryor, Jimmie ward and maybe Terrance brooks (I think that's the FSU kid) there isn't much.

That would be an interesting scenario though, not sure which I would prefer

"Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Agreed. My only worry is that this is not a deep S class. After HHCD, Pryor, Jimmie ward and maybe Terrance brooks (I think that's the FSU kid) there isn't much.

JMO but it's a pretty thin draft @ FS. So I believe Gilbert is a better value @ CB than any of the FS class... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    JMO but it's a pretty thin draft @ FS. So I believe Gilbert is a better value @ CB than any of the FS class... Bc
    Definitely agree. Depends if BPA or fill a need. We all know how Ozzie does it so hello Gilbert in this case

"Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

That's the issue I keep finding with the safeties. If Ward doesn't fall to #48 there is a huge drop off. Then you're looking at guys that you don't know if they can really play free safety. That includes some safeties and corner/safety hybrids like Antone Exum and Dontae Johnson. If they really like Ward I could see them moving up to get him. Steve Spagnuolo was Ward's pro day. Could be a sign considering I haven't heard many mentions of Ravens coaches being at pro days this year.

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    That's the issue I keep finding with the safeties. If Ward doesn't fall to #48 there is a huge drop off. Then you're looking at guys that you don't know if they can really play free safety. That includes some safeties and corner/safety hybrids like Antone Exum and Dontae Johnson. If they really like Ward I could see them moving up to get him. Steve Spagnuolo was Ward's pro day. Could be a sign considering I haven't heard many mentions of Ravens coaches being at pro days this year.
    Ward in the 2nd is probably my favourite go after. I believe hed pair well next to Elam

Possibility I've been considering: move back a little in the 1st, use picks gained to move up in the 2nd to get Ward.

I know players drop every year but I just have a feeling no one is going to be worth it at 17. Maybe we move backed in the early 20's, grab a 3rd, use that 3rd to move up to the top 10 in the 2nd for Ward.

- Ray Lewis

Ward in the 2nd is probably my favourite go after. I believe hed pair well next to Elam

Possibility I've been considering: move back a little in the 1st, use picks gained to move up in the 2nd to get Ward.

I know players drop every year but I just have a feeling no one is going to be worth it at 17. Maybe we move backed in the early 20's, grab a 3rd, use that 3rd to move up to the top 10 in the 2nd for Ward.

I could definitely see that as I possibility. I think the most obvious trading partner would be the Eagles at #22. They have shown a lot of interest in the same receiving prospects in the draft as the Jets. In terms of the trade via the chart and the Eagles not having a 6th round pick, here's what would make the most sense:

Ravens get:
    Rd. 1 pick #22
    Rd 3 pick #86
    Rd 5 pick #162

Eagles get:
    Rd. 1 pick #17
    Rd 6 pick #194

They could then use that 86th pick to trade ahead of the Falcons at 37 who are the first team in the second round with a major need at safety.
    Last edited by landshark52; 04-10-2014 at 02:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    I could definitely see that as I possibility. I think the most obvious trading partner would be the Eagles at #22. They have shown a lot of interest in the same receiving prospects in the draft as the Jets. In terms of the trade via the chart and the Eagles not having a 6th round pick, here's what would make the most sense:

Ravens get:
    Rd. 1 pick #22
    Rd 3 pick #86
    Rd 5 pick #162

Eagles get:
    Rd. 1 pick #17
    Rd 6 pick #194

They could then use that 86th pick to trade ahead of the Falcons at 37 who are the first team in the second round with a major need at safety.
    This is not a bad scenario IF Ozzie does not have a player targeted @ 17. For instance, if he sees (speculating) three possibilities, then I can't see him trading down beyond 20. I do like your scheme though... Bc