rb terrance west
    towson
    te crockett gilmore
    colorado state
    s jonathan dowling
    western kentucky
    de taylor hart
    oregon
    While horribly unrealistic...this would be an incredible get.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: FanSpeak Mock Draft Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    While horribly unrealistic...this would be an incredible get.
    Yeah, we would need Evans to be caught with a dead girl, and Tuitt with a live boy. :bag:
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

WR MIKE EVANS
    TEXAS A&M
    OT CYRUS KOUANDJIO
    ALABAMA
    RB CARLOS HYDE
    OHIO STATE
    CB LOUCHEIZ PURIFOY
    FLORIDA
    TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZ
    IOWA
    DT ED STINSON
    ALABAMA
    S JONATHAN DOWLING
    WESTERN KENTUCKY
    DE TAYLOR HART
    OREGON

This draft would be sick. Except in hindsight I'd probably take Morgan Moses who was on the board over Cyrus, just a safer pick.

4. Re: FanSpeak Mock Draft Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Your first two picks are Home Runs. But as much as I like Landry, I'd rather see an Olineman taken there. You already took Evans, and we've got Marlon Brown to develop, so why not take the best remaining OL... Bc
    Agreed...think I was just surprised he was there.

5. Re: FanSpeak Mock Draft Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I do hope we walk away with Colvin in this draft. Weve had no fear of redshirting guys in the past and I think the value at one of our comp picks in the 4th or 5th is a great spot for what would have been a 1st or early 2nd rounder.

where else can you trade a late 5th straight up for a 2nd?
    Agree I would be ok with the last 4th rd pick or the 5th pick being used on him

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreLove View Post
    WR MIKE EVANS
    TEXAS A&M
    OT CYRUS KOUANDJIO
    ALABAMA
    RB CARLOS HYDE
    OHIO STATE
    CB LOUCHEIZ PURIFOY
    FLORIDA
    TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZ
    IOWA
    DT ED STINSON
    ALABAMA
    S JONATHAN DOWLING
    WESTERN KENTUCKY
    DE TAYLOR HART
    OREGON

This draft would be sick. Except in hindsight I'd probably take Morgan Moses who was on the board over Cyrus, just a safer pick.
    I think this draft is a bit more realistic than the fanspeak one. I agree on Moses too. With Monroe in his prime and capably anchoring LT for a while, I don't see any real need to gamble at RT. It's not a position that requires a gamble. Give me Moses any day. He has some upside, with infinitely less risk than Cyrus.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    WR MIKE EVANS
    TEXAS A&M

TE JACE AMARO
    TEXAS TECH

WR JARVIS LANDRY
    LSU

OT ANTONIO RICHARDSON
    TENNESSEE

RB TERRANCE WEST
    TOWSON

DT KELCY QUARLES
    SOUTH CAROLINA

S JONATHAN DOWLING
    WESTERN KENTUCKY

ILB ANDREW JACKSON
    WESTERN KENTUCKY

I am not familiar enough with late rd. defensive talent to make any really educated guesses. My focus has mainly been on offensive players this offseason.
    I see this over and over and over. I fail to see the need to add a 7th and 8th WR to our team, when we have glaring needs at S/CB/DE. I think it's unlikely that the Ravens take more than WR in the draft. Using 2 of the first 3 picks on WR is indefensible, given the talent we already have at the position. I can't see the logic in taking 4 offensive players with our first four picks too. Right now, IMO, we need a RT and the offense is looking good. We have far more holes to fill on a very pedestrian defense that really hasn't added anyone from last year.

I'm not sure how you can expect the 12th/12th ranked defense to be better when you lose one of it's top 6/7 players (Art Jones) and two other solid role players (Ihedigbo and Graham) while adding only adding one backup S (Darrian Stewart), and using NONE of your top 4 picks on defense. Our defense seemed better than it was last year, simply because our offense looked so badly comparatively. Don't fool yourselves into thinking that this defense will be very good unless there is some talent infusion through the draft. If you look at the top 7 Ravens defenders on the current roster, only two are ascending players (Jimmy Smith and Elam).
    Last edited by LukeDaniel; 04-07-2014 at 03:48 PM.

I actually think the defense will be better by simply having an offense that can stay on the field and play with a lead...without any significant changes.

I know I've been critical of the defense last year, but honestly it's a miracle that they played that well with the massive ammounts of 3 and outs and turnovers.

By simply staying on the field and not turning the ball over, the defense should be better by default.

I think a defender or 2 early would be smart too, but in no way would I say it'd be indefensible not to take one in the first 4 rounds. We could use some depth at spots, but other than FS, there aren't any glaring holes there either.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

^ CB!!!! and DL. People seem to overlook it trying to get our offense up to date. Myself included. We currently only have 4 CB's on the roster. No BS. We need ALOT of help there. Most teams carry 7, some even more. I wasn't even thinking it till I saw the depth chart. And our 3 and 4 were Chykie and Asa and thats it!

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I see this over and over and over. I fail to see the need to add a 7th and 8th WR to our team, when we have glaring needs at S/CB/DE. I think it's unlikely that the Ravens take more than WR in the draft. Using 2 of the first 3 picks on WR is indefensible, given the talent we already have at the position. I can't see the logic in taking 4 offensive players with our first four picks too. Right now, IMO, we need a RT and the offense is looking good. We have far more holes to fill on a very pedestrian defense that really hasn't added anyone from last year.

I'm not sure how you can expect the 12th/12th ranked defense to be better when you lose one of it's top 6/7 players (Art Jones) and two other solid role players (Ihedigbo and Graham) while adding only adding one backup S (Darrian Stewart), and using NONE of your top 4 picks on defense. Our defense seemed better than it was last year, simply because our offense looked so badly comparatively. Don't fool yourselves into thinking that this defense will be very good unless there is some talent infusion through the draft. If you look at the top 7 Ravens defenders on the current roster, only two are ascending players (Jimmy Smith and Elam).
    Only two ascending players? Arthur Brown has plateaued? Brandon Williams? Kapron Lewis-Moore won't be coming back from his knee injury?

I'm not saying we should only draft offensive players, but it was obvious last season which side of the ball needed the most help.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Been doing 4 round ones because that's as far as I trust my college football knowledge. I like the looks of this:

OT TAYLOR LEWAN
    MICHIGAN
    S TERRENCE BROOKS
    FLORIDA STATE
    CB STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE
    NEBRASKA
    WR DONTE MONCRIEF
    OLE MISS
    RB ANDRE WILLIAMS
    BOSTON COLLEGE
    DT KELCY QUARLES
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Been doing 4 round ones because that's as far as I trust my college football knowledge. I like the looks of this:

OT TAYLOR LEWAN
    MICHIGAN
    S TERRENCE BROOKS
    FLORIDA STATE
    CB STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE
    NEBRASKA
    WR DONTE MONCRIEF
    OLE MISS
    RB ANDRE WILLIAMS
    BOSTON COLLEGE
    DT KELCY QUARLES
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    This is another "A" draft. I think because the Ravens draft @ #17, and there are several solid players mocked to us, that I've given out a basket of A's so far... LOL. Your top four guys would sure fill the bill @ RT, FS, CB, and WR very nicely... Bc