Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: FanSpeak Mock Draft Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It is unrealistic, but it does kind of show how easily round-1 talent can slide all the way down into the bottom of round-2 and even round-3 in some circumstances.
    I have to wonder how their algorithim works. I'm betting it looks at team needs and selects based on need alone. Thus, you end up with more reaches than would really occur in a real draft. This is also where trade ups would affect it.

It's a fun little thing to get us to such a late draft, just don't expect much realistic scenarios all the way through the draft.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I also noticed when I ran my first (and only) draft so far, that there seem to be runs on players pretty frequently. I saw the simulator select four consecutive OTs followed by five consecutive WRs. Maybe it's mostly need based but it was also doing some sort of positional scarcity modifier.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Looks great to me. I still think there is something wrong with this simulator because it's way too easy to get what looks to be an A+ draft

I think we must have broke it. I just tried another mock and this time it had Greg Robinson falling to the Ravens at 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    I think we must have broke it. I just tried another mock and this time it had Greg Robinson falling to the Ravens at 17.
    I got Mike Evans at #48 once. Like that's going to happen. I think that was the time Calvin Pryor went #2 overall.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I got Mike Evans at #48 once. Like that's going to happen. I think that was the time Calvin Pryor went #2 overall.
    I saw Lewan taken 1st overall once. That was on the Walter board too which usually is a lot better than the other 2. It's fun to play with but I'm not sure how useful it really is.

I found that the simulator for Walters is kind of weird when every pick I made, the Jets made that pick in the same position in that round. When they picked before me in a round, they used the last position I chose. It was really stalky and odd. That or they just need everything the Ravens need.

Blog Entries

My final mock...

OT ZACK MARTIN
    NOTRE DAME

ILB C.J. MOSLEY
    ALABAMA

S DEONE BUCANNON
    WASHINGTON STATE

WR JARVIS LANDRY
    LSU

TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZ
    IOWA

RB TERRANCE WEST
    TOWSON

DT JUSTIN ELLIS
    LOUISIANA TECH

CB AARON COLVIN
    OKLAHOMA

Wow. If you think this simulator was inaccurate last year, take a look at the mock I just did for 2015. If anything close to this happened for the Ravens most of us would be dancing in the streets.

I traded down with the Jaguars. They get the Ravens 26th pick of the 1st round and the Ravens get the 4th pick of the 2nd round and the 3rd pick of the 3rd round.

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/sharedraft.php?d=nlvxwz

2(4) Kevin White, WR, West Virginia (Kevin White lasting into the 2nd round....uh...that isn't happening)

2(26) Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State (I seriously doubt Darby would last to the end of the 2nd either)

3(3) Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn (Coates in the beginning of the 3rd? Seriously? I have a better chance at Mega Millions tonight then that happening)

3(26) TJ Yeldon, RB, Alabama (Lol. Ok this is just ridiculous now.)

4(26) Ben Koyack, TE, Notre Dame (This one isn't as crazy as the others but I doubt he would be there at the end of the 4th either)

6(28) Dyshawn Davis, OLB, Syracuse (His size is a LB/S tweener but he's a playmaker. High number of TFL. He'd probably need a year or two in the weight room to play LB in the NFL.)

7(14) Taylor Kelly (Joe's new backup assuming Tyrod leaves)

I actually don't think that's unrealistic at all. Yeldon probably sits at around the #5 RB, I wouldn't have Darby in my top 5 CBs, and Coates is one dimensional a la Torrey Smith.

My attempt (no trades):

26: R1P26 WR KEVIN WHITE WVU
    58: R2P26 CB KEVIN JOHNSON WAKE FOREST
    90: R3P26 RB TODD GURLEY GEORGIA
    122: R4P26 TE JEFF HEUERMAN OHIO STATE
    188: R6P28 ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY CLEMSON
    206: R7P14 DE SHAQUILLE RIDDICK WEST VIRGINIA

That would be absolutely unreal.

Blog Entries

Way beyond reealistic.

Just look at BTs. His late 3rd pick went high 2nd. And White making it down to us is impossible.

Edit and Gurley making it to the 3rd. Cmon. Why people even waste their time on there is beyond me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    I actually don't think that's unrealistic at all. Yeldon probably sits at around the #5 RB, I wouldn't have Darby in my top 5 CBs, and Coates is one dimensional a la Torrey Smith.

My attempt (no trades):

26: R1P26 WR KEVIN WHITE WVU
    58: R2P26 CB KEVIN JOHNSON WAKE FOREST
    90: R3P26 RB TODD GURLEY GEORGIA
    122: R4P26 TE JEFF HEUERMAN OHIO STATE
    188: R6P28 ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY CLEMSON
    206: R7P14 DE SHAQUILLE RIDDICK WEST VIRGINIA

That would be absolutely unreal.
    That would be sick. No way Gurley lasts that long though. :-)
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Looking back at last year is fun.

Seems the most common players that came to fruition were Gillmore, camp, Brooks.

I might start posting some of my mocks for this year as rankings have solidified