Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Draft Scenario Question.

Here is a hypothetical draft scenario for the board and I am intrigued to gather the different responses.

Let's say the Ravens are at pick 17, and multiple teams are calling Ozzie for a chance to move up to that spot. Jacksonville, wanting a particular QB, is willing to give up it's 2nd Rd pick, 4th Rd pick and 2015 1st Rd pick.

List all of the prospects from this draft that you think so highly of you'd have to pass down this offer to take them at 17 if they are there (Without regard to any realistic chance of them being there).
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Re: Draft Scenario Question.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Here is a hypothetical draft scenario for the board and I am intrigued to gather the different responses.

Let's say the Ravens are at pick 17, and multiple teams are calling Ozzie for a chance to move up to that spot. Jacksonville, wanting a particular QB, is willing to give up it's 2nd Rd pick, 4th Rd pick and 2015 1st Rd pick.

List all of the prospects from this draft that you think so highly of you'd have to pass down this offer to take them at 17 if they are there (Without regard to any realistic chance of them being there).
    That's too much work. There isn't a player available at #17 who would deter me from making that trade.

That would be a long time to wait to pick, but I'd take that offer if they threw in a future 4 as well.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I'd hate to wait til the 2nd round this year but Jax could possibly have another top 5 pick next season as well and that opportunity would be too good to pass up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I think there are two things to consider in this scenario-

1) What you bring up-is there any one player that if they fell to us we'd take and turn down the trade. For me that would probably be only one of the OTs. The safeties are not that good IMO and I''d be basically just as happy with Ward or Bucannon in round 2. So just an OT probably.

2) The other thing is can we get a player who stands a good chance at starting with that 4th pick in round 2? Not a guarantee to get a starter right off the bat there. So I'd want to know of several players, any of whom I'd be happy to pick at that pick and think they will start and who will be there when I do pick. Guys like Ward and Moses, etc. Definitely some of them would be picked ahead of my new pick so I;d have to feel pretty good that one of them would fall.

I can't think of any that I would want so bad that I didnt take that trade.

Cloweny, Mack and the top OTs don't float my boat quite like a high second round Jacvksonville pick and another potential high first round Jacksonville pick next year. The Ravens could be set for a while with that many high picks.

Interesting. So you're moving down from 17 to 39, and picking up a fourth. It's the 2015 first rounder that is of course intriguing. Like most people, I believe that will be a top ten pick, and quite possibly a top five pick.

So the only way I don't make that trade is if it there is someone I consider a top 5 player still on the board. Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews, Watkins.
    "Leave. Your. Mark."

Definitely do it.

Jacksonville will most likely have a top pick next year, plus we'd still have our pick.

Imagine if they finished with the worst record in football next year
    Please Ozzie, don't trade down

Blog Entries

There probably isn't a realistic scenario where they would turn that down. The two tackles, Greg Robinson and Jake Matthews, Khalil Mack, Aaron Donald, and Sammy Watkins. That's it. I'd be surprised of any one of those players falls out of the top ten.

I think Ozzie has only traded out of the first round once in team history, and even that's only half true.

That was 1995 when they were still the Browns. He traded up from 26 to 10. And then sent the #10 overall pick to San Francisco for a 1, 3, and 4 that year (they wasted on Craig Powell, Mike Frederick and Dave Barr) and pick #26 overall in 1996 (not wasted, became Ray Lewis).

When they did it in reverse, and moved up to get a second pick in the first round it was a wasted pick in Kyle Boller.

Jamal Lewis was an extra first round pick in 2000, but that only cost them a 2nd round pick in 1999; they sent #42 overall to Atlanta who used it to take TE Reggie Kelly.

So for 2014 that's #39(t), #48, #79, #99 and #105(t).

If you think you can then package #39(t) and #105(t) to jump back into the very bottom of the 1st round on Thursday night then you've traded down 14-15 spots for a 2015 1st round pick from a team that's hasn't drafted outside the top 10 since 2007.
    Back to the AFCCG we go. So get ready!

Team MVP to-date: Rick Wagner and C.J. Mosley (tie)

Having fun talking football on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver

Trading the #17 for the #39 and #105 this year. And probably a single digit pick next year. Yes, I would do it. That's a no-brainer to me. The Ravens would then have 39, 48, 79, 99, 105, 134, 138, 175, 194 this year. They could pair the #39 or #48 with the #79 or #105 to move back up. And they would have the #7 and #32 next season.

If Jax offeres us their second and a future first and some change (4th this year) i highly doubt Ozzie turns it down. Jax is going to be a top 10 pick next year and the 2nd isnt going to be much less in terms of talent available in this draft.
    -JAB