Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Tale of Two Joes

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...f-two-flaccos/

Bill Simmons article on Flacco. Good reading. Simmons is a huge Patriots fan and has admitted that he hates playing the Ravens in the playoffs

Blog Entries

Re: Tale of Two Joes

Screw Simmons and Barnwell. Especially Barnwell. Dude should be hiding in a corner with egg on his face for his past flacco bashing.

Of course if Flacco should happen to have a lackluster game, the haters will come right back to the forefront thumping their chests and running their mouths.

Blog Entries

slightly OT, I heard Steve Young saying Flacco has a 30 beat a minute heart beat. Doesn't matter if it's Sept, Nov, or January. So people hammer him late in the year on why he doesn't get up more; but it's invaluable in the playoffs. Kind of odd I know but I thought it made sense.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I really am not liking all these media ball washing of the Ravens...well maybe I am, but damn I feel like it's going to jinx it.

From the article:

You know the recipe for beating the Belichick-Brady Patriots by now. Run the ball, chew up clock and limit possessions. Connect on a couple of deep throws. Pressure Brady up the middle with four guys, make him move from side to side, knock him around, make him uncomfortable. Force a turnover or two. Get a special teams play. Allow the short stuff to the slot guys and tight ends, then pancake them after the catch. And if you end up with a couple extra flags for being too rough, so be it. In other words Ravens Football.

If we do this, we win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    slightly OT, I heard Steve Young saying Flacco has a 30 beat a minute heart beat. Doesn't matter if it's Sept, Nov, or January. So people hammer him late in the year on why he doesn't get up more; but it's invaluable in the playoffs. Kind of odd I know but I thought it made sense.
    30 beats per minute? Wow. Barely a pulse, lol. Seriously though, it makes perfect sense as to why he doesn't get overly excited during crunch time. Frenetic, high energy types don't make for good quarterbacks during the playoffs.

Blog Entries

I love the people that act like he is horrible during the year, then magic in the playoffs.

Discounting 2013, Flacco has been at least a ~20TD/10INT guy, without any elite pass catching talent, in a division known for running the ball and defense.

It is because they pay no attention during the year that they think his playoff performance is so stark.

Brady has regular season clunkers just like Flacco does.just like all QBs do

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...f-two-flaccos/

Bill Simmons article on Flacco. Good reading. Simmons is a huge Patriots fan and has admitted that he hates playing the Ravens in the playoffs
    Just found this article on ESPN and was coming over to post it myself. Good read and it basically puts into writing what every patriots fan is feeling right now. There are two teams left that possess the formula to beat the pats, and they got one of them. The other would be Seattle in my opinion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I really am not liking all these media ball washing of the Ravens...well maybe I am, but damn I feel like it's going to jinx it.
    It comes with the territory of having your QB play like Joe Montana in his last 5-6 playoff games.

Honestly, Simmons has been blasting us and talking about karma (for the Ray Rice stuff) all year. He's scared. I think this article may have been a little reverse jinx stuff on his part. He's a weird dude.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I love the people that act like he is horrible during the year, then magic in the playoffs.

Discounting 2013, Flacco has been at least a ~20TD/10INT guy, without any elite pass catching talent, in a division known for running the ball and defense.

It is because they pay no attention during the year that they think his playoff performance is so stark.

Brady has regular season clunkers just like Flacco does.just like all QBs do
    He's not horrible...but his numbers...even 20 TD's and 10 INT's are very pedestrian compared to his peers. I know you want to have everybody dive into all these numbers, but nobody does that for other players...we don't do it for other teams players for the most part when we make fun of them...I don't expect others to do that for Joe.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

The old Raiders were very successful but their reputation was never great. Deserved or not, perceptions of the Ravens IMO won't go away. Honestly, I embrace it, doesn't bother me at all if we're liked. More importantly, we are feared and respected on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I believe he also alluded to other players getting more amped and then making mistakes. so the game speeds up for them and they cant handle it while the game stays the same for Flacco regardless which means hes able to take advantage of that. Makes sense but i still feel people just dont pay attention to him enough in the regular season. when theres only 4 games or less you can see that he is a good QB and helps his team win. I mean theyre making a big stink about his game in Pittsburgh and how great he played... well the numbers say, thats how he always does (or atleast averages).

Pitt
    18/29 62% 259yds 2 TDs

Season Average
    21/34 62% 249 yds 1.7 TDs
    -JAB