Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

OT: Should The Bengals Give Marvin Lewis The Boot?

Sure, Marvin Lewis is the winningest coach in the history of the Bengals, and has taken them from the Bungle days and turned them into a good team. But they aren't going any further. His teams are stuck at the AFC Wild Card and there's no indication that they're going to win one.

Blog Entries

Re: OT: Should The Bengals Give Marvin Lewis The Boot?

Marvin Lewis is a good coach, but it's time for a change. But the other issue may be Andy Dalton. I'm just not convinced he can do it.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

WHO CARES???????????????? We play NE Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They won't, but they should move on. He no doubt deserves credit for turning that franchise around, but that playoff record is beyond abysmal. If Cincy is interested in winning more than division titles and playoff berths, they need a change.

Yes, but they most likely won't.

Brown is too cheap.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'm thinking the Lewis/Dalton combo gets another year. If they go one-and-done again - or fail to even reach the playoffs, I think they finally get a new coach. Dalton's future isn't all that clear-cut, but his contract is pretty team friendly beyond 2015 if I recall correctly. Getting back to Marvin, even Mike Brown can't keep him around forever without a playoff win. Umm, can he?

Blog Entries

They'll have the same problem they would if they got rid of Dalton, what better option is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Sure, Marvin Lewis is the winningest coach in the history of the Bengals,
    That's like being the most decorated soldier in the French army......
    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    They'll have the same problem they would if they got rid of Dalton, what better option is there?
    I disagree - Marvin has put together consistently good teams, and aside from having pre-injury Carson Palmer in 2005, has never had a QB that could deliver in big games. Had Palmer not been injured, history might be quite different.

As I posted before in another thread, Marvin should be moved into a GM type position. He has had more input into the drafts and they have produced better teams. They need another coach to come in and get them over the hump. They should have promoted Zimmer.

Marvin is everything you want your head coach to be, except his playoff record. He'd probably make a decent GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    That's a loser's mentality in my opinion. At this point, the Bengals are the definition of insanity - throwing the same people out there every year and expecting a different result. Dalton has had four playoff opportunities now and has not played well (not even remotely close) in any of them.