Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 71
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    25,624

    Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial



    Not sure if anyone else is watching this one, but I find it fascinating so far.

    Been pretty much boring during all the snow nonsense they're getting but there have been a few bombshells thus far:

    1. Two jurors have been dismissed thus far. One was dismissed for not being truthful about the number of Patriots games she attended and that she made public statements before the trial that she wanted to be a juror on this case. The second was for personal reasons.

    2. In what's the biggest bombshell, Hernandez's fiancee reached an immunity deal with the prosecution. She's now a prosecution witness against Hernandez. She's also on video removing a trash bag with various contents from Hernandez's home.

    3. Today, the prosecution showed a police surveillance video (that the defense strongly objected to and tried to keep out) of him dismantling his own cell phone.

    Personally (and baring an OJ style gaffe by the prosecution), I think he's cooked, both in this case and the much stronger murder case involving the drive by shooting in Boston.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hazzard County
    Posts
    1,294

    Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial

    Not watching, but also saw the video of him with a gun, on the night of the murder. Caught by his own surveillance cameras. What a dipshit.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    30,612
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial

    I wonder if the shit in the trash bag she took out was bloody clothing?
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hazzard County
    Posts
    1,294

    Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial





  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    25,624

    Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I wonder if the shit in the trash bag she took out was bloody clothing?
    Or the gun
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    30,612
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Or the gun
    Good point.

    Probably in some trash heap somewhere now.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  7. #7

    Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Not sure if anyone else is watching this one, but I find it fascinating so far.

    Been pretty much boring during all the snow nonsense they're getting but there have been a few bombshells thus far:

    1. Two jurors have been dismissed thus far. One was dismissed for not being truthful about the number of Patriots games she attended and that she made public statements before the trial that she wanted to be a juror on this case. The second was for personal reasons.

    2. In what's the biggest bombshell, Hernandez's fiancee reached an immunity deal with the prosecution. She's now a prosecution witness against Hernandez. She's also on video removing a trash bag with various contents from Hernandez's home.

    3. Today, the prosecution showed a police surveillance video (that the defense strongly objected to and tried to keep out) of him dismantling his own cell phone.

    Personally (and baring an OJ style gaffe by the prosecution), I think he's cooked, both in this case and the much stronger murder case involving the drive by shooting in Boston.
    Wow!! That is nuts. I know it's a well established part of the CJS (Criminology Major), but my god is our system ever flawed. She gets immunity becuase she's going to be a huge part of the prosecutions case now. Hopefully he doesnt have friends on the outside that will whack her.
    Formerly runrayrun27

    Twitter: @cjacks17





  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    25,624

    Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Wow!! That is nuts. I know it's a well established part of the CJS (Criminology Major), but my god is our system ever flawed. She gets immunity becuase she's going to be a huge part of the prosecutions case now. Hopefully he doesnt have friends on the outside that will whack her.
    In Massachusetts (and many states in the US), accessories to murder can be charged and convicted of murder. The prosecution most likely went to her attorney with their case against her, to which she thought she'd be screwed if she kept lying for Hernandez.

    Now, if she fails to testify, the agreement doesn't immunize and she can be charged. If she testifies and it's false, she opens herself up to the immunity getting pulled AND perjury charges.

    Simply put, they have her over a barrel. And I don't mean in a 50 Shades of Grey kind of way.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #9

    Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial

    innocent til proven gilllllllllty




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area
    Posts
    2,213

    Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial

    HR-
    Your three bombshells are really interesting. I'd have to think the one re: his fiancee may be nail in his coffin.

    Question as to the dishonest potential juror - could she be prosecuted for anything, even though it was in the selection process? I have to wonder how many other jurors, or potential jurors, have not been forthcoming? (given that this likely occurs everywhere)




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    25,624

    Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    HR-
    Your three bombshells are really interesting. I'd have to think the one re: his fiancee may be nail in his coffin.

    Question as to the dishonest potential juror - could she be prosecuted for anything, even though it was in the selection process? I have to wonder how many other jurors, or potential jurors, have not been forthcoming? (given that this likely occurs everywhere)
    I'm not sure of MA law but I'd be surprised if that was the case. I know there's been a handful of cases where a juror was tried for perjury but I don't think thats the norm. I would think it would have to be wildly egregious in order to get charged.

    I don't think the state would want to waste their time with it when they can simply remove them from the jury and be done with it.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,034
    Blog Entries
    1

    Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial

    yeah it's not looking good. they just have way too much on him and the text messages to the deceased also. he baited the guy (it appears) in a premeditated move
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland