Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2014 Comp Picks

Blog Entries

Re: 2014 Comp Picks

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    Because we ended up getting a third round draft pick for him. So its almost like we got him for free.

LOL - Based on that he was more valuable after he left as the Ravens didn't even want him. Cleveland thinks he was a bust there too after spending millions for nothing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    I will never view Kruger as a bust for the same reason that I will never view Upshaw as a bust. Both made game changing plays at certain points in the Super Bowl to give Baltimore another ring.
    Hell, he would have lost the SB if he stayed in the entire game. SF would have run all over him as the Skins and Eagles did that year and other teams. That's why he didn't play much. The defense gave up almost 500 yards w/o him.

Not even Kruger would agree with you. He bitched because he didn't play much and he was a high draft pick. A pick that high should have contributed more than one play in one game and Cleveland sure found out fast enough. He does nothing in Cleveland. That's a bust son here and there. Posters here were laughing their asses off.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-25-2014 at 06:54 AM.

Blog Entries
    We could trade back into the 20's and grab a late 2nd rder off a team like the 49ers, Seahawks, or even the Panthers. We take Calvin Pryor or Dix with that pick, forming a young, athletic, hard hitting safety tandem. We could take Jace Amaro in the 2nd, and then CK from Bama(if he falls this far) to compete with Wagner at RT. In the 3rd, I'd be looking at taking Moncrief as a developmental receiver, and a guard to provide decent depth behind KO. I expect Reid and Shipley to be cut in TC.

For Dline, I actually expect the Ravens to sign somebody. That could be Wilfolk if he's cut, but I remember the Ravens showing interest in Carrington from the Bills, who is a solid Chris Canty type player.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    We could trade back into the 20's and grab a late 2nd rder off a team like the 49ers, Seahawks, or even the Panthers. We take Calvin Pryor or Dix with that pick, forming a young, athletic, hard hitting safety tandem. We could take Jace Amaro in the 2nd, and then CK from Bama(if he falls this far) to compete with Wagner at RT. In the 3rd, I'd be looking at taking Moncrief as a developmental receiver, and a guard to provide decent depth behind KO. I expect Reid and Shipley to be cut in TC.

For Dline, I actually expect the Ravens to sign somebody. That could be Wilfolk if he's cut, but I remember the Ravens showing interest in Carrington from the Bills, who is a solid Chris Canty type player.
    I agree that the Ravens could drop back into the 20's. That might be the right move if one of the top guys they covet is not there. The draft is really strong but also very flat in the first round. There is not a ton of difference in players from 5 - 30. If the Ravens dropped back they could grab a guy like Tuitt that would be a perfect fit for the dline. 300lb DE that can get after the QB. That would allow a nice dline rotation. Also lets not forget we have KLM coming back to fill Arthur Jones spot. They remind me of each other when coming out of college.

I can't believe we got a 3rd. This is amazing. Just read through the thread quick. I don't think I'd give up a 3rd to move up 4 spots for too many guys. I like Evans but with a deep WR class I'd rather keep the 3rd and address some other needs

I always like the prospect of trading back and could see that happening if a QB hungry team is looking to move up. If Cleveland doesn't use their 1st pick on a QB I could see them moving up from their other 1st from the colts and they'd have to give up their original 3rd (early 3rd) plus maybe another late (6th?)

Either way, as always I trust Oz and should slap myself for ever doubting him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlbionHero View Post
    If Kevin Colbert is right, it doesn't sound like many teams really want to move up in this draft anyway because of all of the depth. I think we'll be fine selecting at #17.
    If there is a run on QBs, some good players are going to fall. Dont be surprised to see teams at the end of the first start salivating.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    LOL - Based on that he was more valuable after he left as the Ravens didn't even want him. Cleveland thinks he was a bust there too after spending millions for nothing.
    it's only one year. give another year/two/three wi some help and see what happens. pass rushers are precious.
    Was it the Steelers he made that pick against?

I hate to see good players go, but how many of those FAs really had much impact elsewhere? Grubbs played well; I think Ellerbe did okay; Chester Taylor did okay; but did any of those who cashed in have real impact?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

See me again next year.

Actually it's been several years since he came up with just a 1/2 good year and that was when Suggs came back. He doesn't have Suggs anymore. Everyone in Cleveland that wanted him was fired. ILMAO