Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Billick No Longer at FOX

Here's hoping CBS picks him up.

Do they still have Siragusa doing sideline "analysis"?

It is perplexing that Billick is gone but maybe he wanted more money and CBS had offered him more.

I would love to see Billick replace Dierdorf, but that would be cruel to Brian sticking him with Gumble. I always enjoyed his radio shows when he was coach. And I think he did a great job on Fox. Probably my favorite announcer.

Blog Entries

Bring back Gus Johnson and put him with Brian Billick. That would be a great pairing

I like Billick on NFL Network. Maybe they swap him with Mayock or go to a 3 man booth. I like Mayock as a studio analyst, but he's just okay during games, IMO. Not that he's bad, but I think Billick would be better.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Fox plays to the lowest common denominator, and Billick is far too intelligent to pander. He has to get picked up somewhere.

That's a shame, Fox is missing out. Hopefully CBS gets him, he's is fantastic, and to be clear, at the time I felt he deserved one more shot with the Ravens, but I am not unhappy that Harbaugh is the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I like Billick on NFL Network. Maybe they swap him with Mayock or go to a 3 man booth. I like Mayock as a studio analyst, but he's just okay during games, IMO. Not that he's bad, but I think Billick would be better.
    I posted that earlier but then realized NFLN will not be broadcasting the games this year. CBS got the Thursday night games, so it will be Nantz & Simms.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I posted that earlier but then realized NFLN will not be broadcasting the games this year. CBS got the Thursday night games, so it will be Nantz & Simms.
    Wow, did not know that.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    That's a shame, Fox is missing out. Hopefully CBS gets him, he's is fantastic, and to be clear, at the time I felt he deserved one more shot with the Ravens, but I am not unhappy that Harbaugh is the coach.
    I felt the same way. Billick's teams exceeded reasonable expectations almost every season here, except for maybe 2005 and 2007. And in between those, he went 13-3 and got us a first round bye. And 2007 was an injury-plagued year. I would have been fine with him coming back.

That said, I was okay with getting rid of him at that point too. The idea that his "message had gotten stale" was possibly true. I think his player-friendly approach may have outlived its usefulness, and the inmates were starting to run the asylum.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    They broadcast (or least did, not sure of current) in 720 HD while CBS is 1080.
    Fox Sports HD quality is terrible. NBC, CBS, NFLN, ESPN, Fox in that order from best to worst in terms of picture quality.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    I must admit that I thought Billick kind of over-stayed his welcome. He was the right man for the job early on (Super Bowl XXXV victory), but I thought his teams underplayed their talents after that. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he came to Baltimore when he did, but I'm not sure he didn't waste some seasons that could have been better... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I must admit that I thought Billick kind of over-stayed his welcome. He was the right man for the job early on (Super Bowl XXXV victory), but I thought his teams underplayed their talents after that. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he came to Baltimore when he did, but I'm not sure he didn't waste some seasons that could have been better... Bc
    Agree on Billick's coaching tenure Bc. Now having said that, he's one of the few analysts who I could even listen to. He didn't pander at all and was far more incisive and insightful than just about anybody else out there. I guess that was the problem, wasn't superficial, redundant and loud enough to suit Fox tastes. Hope he lands with CBS, or even NBC or ESPN, although they each currently only have one game a week.