Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens trading for Jeremy Zuttah

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    So how in the world can PFF justify rating a player -2.5 in pass pro, yet saying he didn't give up a sack all year, and was 4th and 6th in hurries and hits...? This is what I don't get about PFF. They do a lot of good work, but they also come out with some strange opinions too.
    I hear ya.
    I use them as just one of many sources, but until they "show their work" like the mathematicians/statisticians that they are, I can't fully buy in.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    Kubiak did a similar trade when he got to Houston, traded a late rd pick for Myers. Hopefully, this will be just as successful. Kubiak is going to really improve this offense. He is biggest offseason acquisition IMO.
    When did Ozzie and Harbs leave the team? Why attribute this to Kubiak? This is a classic Ozzie move.

Edit to add: in fact, Zuttah mentioned only Ozzie and Harbs. The article didn't mention Kubiak at all.

Kubiak is the OC. Not the head coach. Not the GM.

Blog Entries

Love it. Great move imo. I dont see gino as our G, is him as depth at both. Definitely shaping up as a rookie OL imo and KO flipping or staying depending on that rookies best spot.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
    When did Ozzie and Harbs leave the team? Why attribute this to Kubiak? This is a classic Ozzie move.

Edit to add: in fact, Zuttah mentioned only Ozzie and Harbs. The article didn't mention Kubiak at all.

Kubiak is the OC. Not the head coach. Not the GM.
    And you don't think Kubiak (for that matter- all assistant coaches) have some type of input and/or influence on who or what type of player will work best for their system?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    @RavensInsider: Jeremy Zuttah's deal has been adjusted to lower salary-cap figures of $4.5 million and $4.25 million in 2014, 2015, per sources

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We'd never have gotten De La Puenta (to say nothing of Mack) at those prices. Zuttah has played a lot of C in the NFL. Now we can think exclusively RT in the draft when it comes to OL, and can do so in later rounds. FS or TE in the 1st!?!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    And you don't think Kubiak (for that matter- all assistant coaches) have some type of input and/or influence on who or what type of player will work best for their system?
    Of course he does. And they all do. But to make it sound like it was a Kubiak move is wrong. It was Ozzie with input like always.

From his predraft scouting report...

"Zuttah's stock got a big boost after an excellent performance at February's combine in Indianapolis, where he was the only offensive lineman to run the 40 in under five seconds (4.99) and benched 35 reps, which was one of the best totals of any player at the combine."

Quick and strong!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

this coupled with the comp pick announcement (hopefully tomm) is sweet. gotta love these owners meetings.

It would be amazing to get a 3rd. But I with settle for two 4ths and two 5ths.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    From his predraft scouting report...

"Zuttah's stock got a big boost after an excellent performance at February's combine in Indianapolis, where he was the only offensive lineman to run the 40 in under five seconds (4.99) and benched 35 reps, which was one of the best totals of any player at the combine."

Quick and strong!!
    I think he's going to be a great fit for Kubiak's ZBS.

Here is a thorough explanation of how they grade players.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/grading/

Some excerpt: "For example, a raw stat might tell you a tackle conceded a sack. However, how long did he protect the QB for before he gave it up? Additionally, when did he give it up? If it was within the last two minutes on a potentially game-tying drive, it may be rather more important than when his team is running out the clock in a 30-point blowout."

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Ok I change my mind. Sexy pickup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well that was easy!
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think he's going to be a great fit for Kubiak's ZBS.
    Yup, which is why I said earlier that Kubiak should definitely have some type of influence on who they acquire to improve with his system..
    Hopefully, Juan Castillo doesn't screw him up.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!