Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 51 of 51
  1. #46

    Re: The resolution of Tomlin's Sideline-gate



    Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Some interesting and good comments on here, but I disagree with any idea that it's no big deal that the league let this "slide".

    The whole idea of the league penalizing Tomlin and the Steelers is that there should be serious repercussions for screwing with the integrity of the game. Now, IMHO, Tomlin's actions were intentional. In an alternate universe, IFF we assume that the league somehow thinks that it was NOT intentional, then IMO there should never have been the sabre-rattling about the draft pick. Thus, and again IMO, there's a disconnect between what happened and what the league alleges they were trying to do ("protect the integrity of the game").

    IFF the league thought/thinks there WAS intent, then there should be a draft penalty of some sort against the Steelers.

    IMO, the league fucked this up...
    Whether or not the action had any effect on the game is completely irrelevant! Whether or not it was intentional is completely irrelevant! This is most egregious! One more reason to hate the pissers!




  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Cool Re: The resolution of Tomlin's Sideline-gate

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    Whether or not the action had any effect on the game is completely irrelevant! Whether or not it was intentional is completely irrelevant! This is most egregious! One more reason to hate the pissers!
    JJ said he should have had a TD even w/o Tommy getting in the way but he definitely made him steer his course. JJ was pissed just afterwards and pointed the football at him.

    I liked HARBs quote after the game: Did Tomlin get credit for the tackle?




  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    7,793

    Re: The resolution of Tomlin's Sideline-gate

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I believe I read that the ref that ran past Tomlin did get downgraded.

    That's a huge deal in reffing circles. I'll see if I can find that link.
    If that crew was downgraded, it was sometime after the season. They officated the Chargers-Broncos playoff game.

    The same crew were the ones involved in the controversial Gronkowski-Kuechley end zone no-call at the end of the New England-Carolina game this past season.




  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,500

    Re: The resolution of Tomlin's Sideline-gate

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    If that crew was downgraded, it was sometime after the season. They officated the Chargers-Broncos playoff game.

    The same crew were the ones involved in the controversial Gronkowski-Kuechley end zone no-call at the end of the New England-Carolina game this past season.
    The official, not the crew. Individual officials get downgraded for mistakes they make.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  5. #50

    Re: The resolution of Tomlin's Sideline-gate

    So now the president has be set - step on the field to stop a sideline touchdown and pay $100K.

    Sound reasonable in the NFL context, $100K for stopping a TD is cheap!




  6. #51

    Re: The resolution of Tomlin's Sideline-gate

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    So now the president has be set - step on the field to stop a sideline touchdown and pay $100K.

    Sound reasonable in the NFL context, $100K for stopping a TD is cheap!
    And you still get to make the rules defining what a TD or a penalty is or isn't!
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland