Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The resolution of Tomlin's Sideline-gate

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If they did take a late draft pick away from the Steelers I wonder what the NFL would then have to do to the Colts for Irsay?
    Steelers = lose 6th round draft pick.
    Irsay = lose Jack Daniels discount coupons...as well as drivers license.
    ... Bc

Re: Steeler to NOT be Docked a Draft Pick for Tomlin Gaffe

I would if I could

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

The league is in their back pocket. Always has been. If Harbs did that against them, we would get torched.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    The league is in their back pocket. Always has been. If Harbs did that against them, we would get torched.
    I doubt that unless it somehow ended up screwing them out of the playoffs.

Not surprised with that call. The NFL loves that bunch of LOW-LIFE cheap-shot artist there in PISSBURGH. FUCK them and their in-breed looking fans!

If they were going to take away a draft pick, or alter one, it would have happened immediately. They gave everyone time to move on and forget for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    I doubt that unless it somehow ended up screwing them out of the playoffs.
    I disagree. Fraudlin and those inbreds are revered.

Quote Originally Posted by livegonzo View Post
    Not surprised with that call. The NFL loves that bunch of LOW-LIFE cheap-shot artist there in PISSBURGH. FUCK them and their in-breed looking fans!
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock

I'd almost be okay with the league not taking a pick away because luckily his actions didn't cost the Ravens the game. However , his lying in the post game about it wasn't on purpose, etc. etc. was enough for me to see it cost a pick.

At times we all do things they regret , if Tomlin would have come clean and said it was poor judgment instead of his half baked excuse that only some Steeler fans bought .

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If they did take a late draft pick away from the Steelers I wonder what the NFL would then have to do to the Colts for Irsay?
    I fail to see the parallel between the two very different situations.

Blog Entries

The lesson is that the next time Tomlin is near the grass in the white, take him out, he is not supposed to be there in the first place.

Remember?
    Sean Payton tore the MCL in the leg and sustained a fractured tibia in a sideline collision with Graham Oct 17, 2011
    To understand paranoid people better, follow them around.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Indeed, not surprising. The total silence from the league on this subject (after their initial statement and levy of the fine) should've been a clue.

I'm past it. Neither the Steelers nor the Ravens made the postseason. Time to move on.
    The fine should have been added to increase the Ravens salary cap. Same old NFL

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Some interesting and good comments on here, but I disagree with any idea that it's no big deal that the league let this "slide".

The whole idea of the league penalizing Tomlin and the Steelers is that there should be serious repercussions for screwing with the integrity of the game. Now, IMHO, Tomlin's actions were intentional. In an alternate universe, IFF we assume that the league somehow thinks that it was NOT intentional, then IMO there should never have been the sabre-rattling about the draft pick. Thus, and again IMO, there's a disconnect between what happened and what the league alleges they were trying to do ("protect the integrity of the game").

IFF the league thought/thinks there WAS intent, then there should be a draft penalty of some sort against the Steelers.

IMO, the league fucked this up...

The rooney's carry weight in the NFL, count on it.

Never thought a draft pick made much sense really. Tomlin did it (intentionally, video supports that) so the punishment should have been on him. I would have gladly accepted them losing a pick but I think it would have been overkill.
    -JAB