NFL to Vote on Replay Expansion

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ouls-and-more/

I'm all for this, as most of us should be. How many of those stupid Terrell Suggs "personal fouls" or phantom PI calls have gone against us in huge games? Too many to count. I'd fear they would make the games take a bit longer, but if the calls are corrected, I don't care.

Thoughts?

Re: NFL to Vote on Replay Expansion

Im for any expansion of the replay system but only if they do away with the peep show booth, remove the decision from the stadium and centralize the replay system off site for all games.

Any increase in the type of calls reviewed will drag the game out longer. There's already too many commercials on TV and too much down time at the stadium.

I'm all for getting calls right but only if it's streamlined along with it.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 03-20-2014 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Typo

I'd want them to centralize it as well. Especially for personal fouls/pass interference that happen so quick and the on-field guys are right in the thick of it. I think they'll expand replay this year, and when it takes forever, streamline and centralize next year.

I like this. To me it's more important that they get it right. As long as they don't increase the number of challenges the time it takes should not be affected. I could see a slightly different option where personal fouls would be reviewable during the regular season, and all calls would be reviewable during the playoffs/SB. But I would be fine with either approach.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Here's a complete list of all the proposals ....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...law-proposals/

VERY disappointed that a centralized replay system is not being considered. Hard to fathom that the NHL does it right through the use of technology but the most popular sports still toils in the stone ages.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Any increase in the type of calls reviewed will drag the game out longer.
    How would it drag it out any longer unless they allow the coaches to have more challenges?

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    How would it drag it out any longer unless they allow the coaches to have more challenges?
    There's other proposals to increase what can be called without a coaches challenge, namely personal fouls.

I like the cameras down the sidelines proposal too. That should clear some things up as well.

Blog Entries

I hope they don't change it until they stop with the ref going under the tiny curtain. Completely delays the game and kills momentum. and they aren't highly likely to get it right either.

on a side note - NFL won't be penalizing Pitt for that sideline trip attempt by their coach

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I like a lot of the suggestions, but if you are going to kick off from the 40 yard line, why kick off at all? They are clearly trying to eliminate kickers from the game. Why don't they just leave it alone? I hope this proposal bites the dust.

Hope it will cut down on the Manning/Brady calls that happen at opportune times. Also the bogus PF where the player takes a dive for a slight bump.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I hope they don't change it until they stop with the ref going under the tiny curtain. Completely delays the game and kills momentum. and they aren't highly likely to get it right either.
    on a side note - NFL won't be penalizing Pitt for that sideline trip attempt by their coach
    Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE

... Bc