Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Hawkins is a Brown-Bengals don't match Andrew Hawkins' offer sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    The Bengals have so much cap too. 28 million +. There aren't any big free agents left that will count against their cap significantly. They have 60 million in cap room for next year. With cap carryover they could have 80 million on cap space.

Players coming up next year that they have to sign: AJ Green, Trevor Robinson, Vontaze. Let's just say those players count 20 million.

Let Andy, Gresham, BJGE, the USC kid, walk.

With 60 million in cap they could sign Demariyus, Dez, or Brandon Marshall. Von Miller? Psh easy. Having the option to carry the cap over is vicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If this is all true, there is no justification for not matching Hawkins. They have tons of cap room.

The only reason I see for not matching Hawkins is if that plan to re-up Dalton. QB's are expensive, and even though Andy won't break the bank (unless he has some playoff success this year) he is not going to be cheap. We are in a league where guys like Ryan Fitzpatrick and Kevin Kolb get big bucks.

So sure, let Andy go, but if you do that, who is going to be your QB? You're not picking near the top of the draft next year. Are you counting on a FA? Thinking about prying Kirk Cousins away from the Skins? Dalton is tough. He's just good enough that he's worth keeping because he's a known commodity who can win football games, and just bad enough that you feel like if you don't upgrade that position, you'll never be more than one-and-done in January.
    "Leave. Your. Mark."

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Provided CLE gets a halfway decent QB in there, Hawkins will put up very good numbers with so much attention on Gordon and Cameron.

Thanks, I needed that this morning. It's like, "We are going to have lots of extra cash this year -- provided my wife doesn't buy any shoes."
    "Leave. Your. Mark."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Thanks, I needed that this morning. It's like, "We are going to have lots of extra cash this year -- provided my wife doesn't buy any shoes."
    LOL, "I know a guy who has everything but money." ... Bc
    P.S. - Yours is funnier.

Blog Entries

Cleveland really blew it this time, they coulda had Tandon Doss instead.
    To be on a pedestal is to be in a corner

Blog Entries

that hawkins is a mismacth nightmare..Cincy is going to have field day in FA next year they have some money this year too but they are being very tatical about it, Cincy is there if they can find a better QB than Dalton it will be a dog fight for the AFCN.

With all the talent Cincy has on their roster and all that unused cap space, they could be a real powerhouse if they really wanted to be. It is baffling to me that just being mediocre seems to be okay with them.

I like Hawkins but I would not have matched that offer. Plus we still need to lock up AJ Green and that will cost tons.

They're still talking about giving Andy Dalton a contract too, which I would not do. I would make him go the Flacco route and prove he can win in the post season. I'm really happy about Campbell signing. He will push Dalton. https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/4...712192/photo/1
    I want a Flacco jersey! Johnny Bench wore #5