Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Source: Eagles want at least 3rd-round pick for DeSean Jackson

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...desean-jackson

I know we're set at WR, but damn... Jackson is a badass. I would have had no problem giving up a 3rd rounder if we didn't get Steve Smith.

Do you all think he's worth a 3rd rounder?

Re: Source: Eagles want at least 3rd-round pick for DeSean Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Bro Flacco View Post
    http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...desean-jackson

I know we're set at WR, but damn... Jackson is a badass. I would have had no problem giving up a 3rd rounder if we didn't get Steve Smith.

Do you all think he's worth a 3rd rounder?
    Not with that cap hit

It should be a huge warning sign that the Eagles are trying to unload their most productive WR.

No thanks. He's a douche and a monster cap hit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It should be a huge warning sign that the Eagles are trying to unload their most productive WR.

No thanks. He's a douche and a monster cap hit.
    Agreed. I was all for it when I first heard about DeSean on the trade block, but then you have to realize that the Eagles were willing to sign Vick after his dog fighting, but want to let go of Jackson in his prime.

Lets focus on the line! If the line is not improved it doesn't matter who is out there running around, Flacco wont be able to see them on his back.

Blog Entries

I think Jackson is definitely worth a third round pick to some team, but probably not the Ravens. They already have two guys who, while not as good, can do similar things in Jones and T. Smith. I think they are fairly set at WR until the draft after signing S. Smith, any type of dealing should be done along the line IMO, not at WR.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

No thanks. WR should now be adequately re-set. Other needs to be addressed, such as how to backfill at ILB, RT and safety.

Jackson may be "worth" a 3rd rounder to a hypothetically marginal team which could get into contention by beefing up its receiving corps. The same might be said about the Redskins backup QB. Neither would make sense for the Ravens.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

my least favorite player in all of football. takes a special kind of douche to gain that honor. Clearly not anybody id want here, on the field or off.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

If I was the Raiders I'd be interested. That team has tons of cap space and could use some playmakers. They have some good young receivers already. Adding Jackson could really make that group exciting.

Not interested in the least. Huge cap hit for an injury-prone player who plays only when he wants to, and even though he's only 27 he probably doesn't have many years of blazing speed left. Whenever he loses that speed he'll be done in the NFL.

Having said that, I think a deal gets done for Jackson to go to San Francisco or New York (Jets). Both teams have a WR need and could afford to part with a pick in order to shore up their offense. The Jets in particular have a ton of cap space still and Marty Morningwheg knows Jackson from their time in Philly.

Decker and Jackson out wide with an upgraded OL and a healthy Chris Ivory in the backfield? That would be a HUGE help to Gino Smith (or whoever they bring in as a placeholder if they think Gino's not ready.) Ryan needs to win to keep his job so I see this move getting done.

I agree about the Jets...I'd also put a sleeper in there...watch out for the Browns to try and get involved.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I will always remember him for this ....