Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Big Ben and Flacco: Through year 6

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Using their total career games, flacco averages 4 more attempts per game. ~31 to ~27.
    Or only ~one more attempt per quarter.... or ~64 attempts per regular season...

My point remains, no matter how one wishes to slice it. The league sees more attempts now than then. So overall totals are higher now than then.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    This is entirely undervalued IMO. Ben has missed six -- SIX! -- Ravens/Steeler games since he's been in the league. Six games against your biggest rival. Six games where the division hangs in the balance. In his ten seasons in the league, he's been able to play 16 games exactly twice. On days he's sitting on the bench he may as well be Kyle Boller.

If you want to compare Joe to Ben, you actually have to compare Joe to 89%Ben+11%Charlie Batch.
    Thus the nickname "Big Jen" the drama queen.

This is a big deal and it's soooo not appreciated by the so called experts and a lot of fans. Joe has played 6 seasons without missing a start, and 5 of those were extended with playoff games. He's taken some hits where I just cringe, and think there's no way he's getting up from that.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

As a Ravens fan, I like Flacco, and if you throw out last year ( looked very bad) he's done great, and I DO HATE THE SQEELERS ........ But, he is not yet in the same class as Ben R. He does very good with a good supporting cast but can't yet carry a team like Ben can.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by livegonzo View Post
    As a Ravens fan, I like Flacco, and if you throw out last year ( looked very bad) he's done great, and I DO HATE THE SQEELERS ........ But, he is not yet in the same class as Ben R. He does very good with a good supporting cast but can't yet carry a team like Ben can.
    I don't think Ben has ever had to do much heavy lifting to "carry" that team. That defense has almost universally been top 10 his entire career.

I don't think Ben has ever had to do much heavy lifting to "carry" that team. That defense has almost universally been top 10 his entire career.
    That top 10 defense always gets the ball back for BR to at least get in field goal range. That has been BR 's success, Ravens defense has lost a lot of games in the 4th Qtr in Flacco career. Br is always given a chance to win on the last drive, credit that to their defense. Also ,that defense more then likely gets a turnover with short field for BR.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    That top 10 defense always gets the ball back for BR to at least get in field goal range. That has been BR 's success, Ravens defense has lost a lot of games in the 4th Qtr in Flacco career. Br is always given a chance to win on the last drive, credit that to their defense. Also ,that defense more then likely gets a turnover with short field for BR.
    We used to also. When we had competent DC's. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by livegonzo View Post
    Well big ben has carried his team to two consecutive 8-8 seasons. I'm not sure what you're saying here. When Pitt's O line is terrible, so goes Ben and his heroics. When their D is bad, so goes Ben and his heroics. I tend to believe that neither Joe nor Ben can carry a bad team, no matter how good they are.

The one area where I would give Ben the edge is in his ability to make plays outside of the pocket. I think he has a rabbits foot up is arse at times. But I also say that Joe has the ability to do that as well, just doesn't happen as often.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Good stuff bt thanks!
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Good stuff bt thanks!
    Obviously this is surface level comparison. If I were so inclined I'd go review espn split stats on pass length, etc. I've done some analysis, flacco in his career is about at 14% for passes 21 yards or more. A guy like Matt Ryan is around just 7% of his attempts over 20 yards. Obviously this has a huge impact on completion percentage.that is why when people bring up completion percentage the first think I look at is passing behavior .

combined with elite WRs and three OC's that turned into HC's.... and a WR that threw the SB winning touchdown