Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Big Ben and Flacco: Through year 6

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Fine. But now people can see how similar the career arcs are and have a rebuttal when the topic arises.

Information never hurt anyone.
    Not to rain on anyones parade but Ben played 9 less games during the span that is being compared. That is half a season worth of games. Right now it looks fairly even but if Ben had 9 more games, I think Ben would have a very clear statistical advantage over Flacco.

That being said the difference between Flacco and Ben is not as vast as it is between Flacco and Peyton.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Not to rain on anyones parade but Ben played 9 less games during the span that is being compared. That is half a season worth of games. Right now it looks fairly even but if Ben had 9 more games, I think Ben would have a very clear statistical advantage over Flacco.

That being said the difference between Flacco and Ben is not as vast as it is between Flacco and Peyton.
    How do you figure? Did you look at the stats the OP provided? They're ratios, not totals. He takes into account games played. I don't see how Ben's YPG, comp%, or TD/INT ratio would be expected to change one iota if he played nine more games.
    "Chin up, chest out."

9 more games to throw picks maybe; Pittsburgh has been a throw first team due to having good receivers, poor running game until last year..... The ravens have been the exact opposite, so you would assume if a player throws 40 vs 25 times a game - they would have statistical advantage

Blog Entries

I don't know but last season Joe was the offense and we won 8 games, he carried this offense with nothin and making throws on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I don't know but last season Joe was the offense and we won 8 games, he carried this offense with nothin and making throws on his back.
    Yep. Bad line, No run game and a set of receivers that played with CB glued to them all year, and our TE's were Dallas clark and Ed dickson, nuff said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Yep. Bad line, No run game and a set of receivers that played with CB glued to them all year, and our TE's were Dallas clark and Ed dickson, nuff said
    all Joe flacco, not to mention a defense that shit the bed in couple games with a 4th quarter leads.

The game difference isn't as significant as the attempts difference, which goes to what others have said about how the game has changed in the recent years (more pass happy).

Through the first 6 years Roethlisberger had 2411 attempts, to Flacco's 3103. That is an absolutely massive difference.

Blog Entries

Not to rain on anyones parade but Ben played 9 less games during the span that is being compared. That is half a season worth of games. Right now it looks fairly even but if Ben had 9 more games, think Ben would have a very clear statistical advantage over Flacco.

if you want to play hypotheticals, you can extrapolate the data to the missed game differential. But the fact is big Ben has a higher INT rate...97 INTs in 97 career games. So likely his TDs and INTs would increase, if using his current ratio. Also there is a 12 game difference I think. 109-97. Big Ben misses games. Part of the story of his career.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    The game difference isn't as significant as the attempts difference, which goes to what others have said about how the game has changed in the recent years (more pass happy).

Through the first 6 years Roethlisberger had 2411 attempts, to Flacco's 3103. That is an absolutely massive difference.
    Using their total career games, flacco averages 4 more attempts per game. ~31 to ~27.

Blog Entries

I think Ben deserves full credit for that second Super Bowl victory. Warner shredded LeBeau's defense for 400+ and LeBeau's D had just blown the lead by letting Fitzgerald run inexplicably open down the middle of the field for the go ahead TD.

The ensuing drive, Ben pulled about 2 or 3 plays out of his ass that no other QB in the league would have been able to do.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think Ben deserves full credit for that second Super Bowl victory. Warner shredded LeBeau's defense for 400+ and LeBeau's D had just blown the lead by letting Fitzgerald run inexplicably open down the middle of the field for the go ahead TD.

The ensuing drive, Ben pulled about 2 or 3 plays out of his ass that no other QB in the league would have been able to do.
    eeehh James Harrison (i think) made that helluva INT before the half they did get shredded but they made a couple opportunistic plays to stay in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    eeehh James Harrison (i think) made that helluva INT before the half they did get shredded but they made a couple opportunistic plays to stay in it.
    Let's not forget the gifts the refs gave to the steelers. Funny how the steelers get the calls when they need them the most. Years later the refs acknowledged he screwed up. I call it the power of Rooney, LOL.