Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Re: I honestly think the Ravens should double-dip at WR this year

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Question : What if Evans and Ebron are available @ #17? Who would you choose? ... Bc
    Are Pryor, Clinton-Dix and Zach Martin all gone... assuming that Lewan is also gone?

Because I would certainly take any of those 4 over either pass catcher.

edit: Barr as well.

Question : What if Evans and Ebron are available @ #17? Who would you choose? ... Bc
    Well, Evans is a different matter because I think he's a top 10-12 talent. If he falls, I'd be fine with picking him. But I think there's a pretty clear drop off from Watkins/Evans to everyone else, and no other WR is really worth taking (especially with Ebron, Martin, or Dix/Pryor likely to be available) at 17 IMO.

niether, if i had to evans... id rather have a 2nd te that can actually block in kubes system.... its not like they used the te's like the pats

Ebron, no questions asked. You can always get another WR later. Evans is good, but I'd rather have a "Vernon Davis-type" at TE. Those types of players don't come around that often. I really can't see it happening, though. He's got to get past the Bills, Lions, Titans, Giants, Bears, Rams, Steelers, and Cowboys. My worst fear would be the Steelers taking him. Gosh, that would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Flacco Machado View Post
    Ebron, no questions asked. You can always get another WR later. Evans is good, but I'd rather have a "Vernon Davis-type" at TE. Those types of players don't come around that often. I really can't see it happening, though. He's got to get past the Bills, Lions, Titans, Giants, Bears, Rams, Steelers, and Cowboys. My worst fear would be the Steelers taking him. Gosh, that would suck.
    I don't think Ebron is a good comparison to Vernon Davis, but I could totally see the argument that his ceiling is higher than Evans'.

hes nowhere near the level of vernon davis this has been beat to death, davis makes easy catches and is head and shoulders above ebron in every physical catagory. Pitta is the starting TE, the 2nd TE in kubes system does not need to be a deep threat, he needs to be able to block and run intermediate/ short routes...

again.....

ebron 40 - 4.6 bench -24 vert- 32

V. Davis 40- 4.38 bench 33 vert 42

Not even close why would you even compare ebron to Davis....?.... 10 in vert dif, 9 bp... sub 4.4 vs 4.6....

Ebron, no questions asked. You can always get another WR later.
    I possibly agree with the first part of that statement, but not necessarily the second. Sometimes you just can't get another WR later - unless you don't mean an NFL-quality WR. That doesn't mean I would take any WR over a TE like Ebron, although I wonder if Austin Seferian-Jenkins is that much of a drop off. He is most likely going to be available in the 2nd round, especially considering his foot surgery has prevented him from competing at the combine and probably Washington's Pro Day as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    again.....

Not even close why would you even compare ebron to Davis....?.... 10 in vert dif, 9 bp... sub 4.4 vs 4.6....
    big difference in height as well.

again.....

Easy, bud. Just said, he was a "Davis-type". Not saying he IS Vernon Davis or better. Put it this way. His ability on the field compares nicely to Davis. He may have a few drops, but his flare for the dramatic catch and stretching defenses shadows that of Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I possibly agree with the first part of that statement, but not necessarily the second. Sometimes you just can't get another WR later - unless you don't mean an NFL-quality WR. That doesn't mean I would take any WR over a TE like Ebron, although I wonder if Austin Seferian-Jenkins is that much of a drop off. He is most likely going to be available in the 2nd round, especially considering his foot surgery has prevented him from competing at the combine and probably Washington's Pro Day as well.
    I like ASJ. Will Seattle pass on him at the end of the first though?

12. Re: I honestly think the Ravens should double-dip at WR this year

again.....

Vernon Davis was a combine MONSTER that year, just other worldly.