Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: D.J. Bryant

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle River
    Posts
    3,131
    Blog Entries
    3

    D.J. Bryant



    Derrell D.J. Bryant

    Linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens and Super Bowl Champion ring
    Went to Randallstown High and JMU

    UDFA in 2012 signed by Texans in April and cut in the final cuts at the end of August.
    Sept 18th TB signed to practice squad
    Oct 9, Colts signed him to PS
    Nov 5, Jets signed him to PS releasing him on Dec 4
    Dec 13, Ravens signed him to PS, released him Dec 19th (Merry Christmas), resigned him Dec 26th (Happy New Year).

    Significant knee ligament damage in the final preseason game against the Rams on the last play of the 1st half (he did have a sack in that game) which we lost 24-21 under Caleb Hanie. Welcome to IR.

    Heard nothing about his recovery, assuming he is a camp slot.... OLB 6'3" 248 (first team all CAA as a DL senior year). In his Soph & Jr years at Randallstown he had 87 receptions, 17 TDs, 1,189 yds alond with 22 sacks. So he was a sack master with hands. http://articles.baltimoresun.com/200...r-randallstown

    D.J. Bryant was signed to a Reserve/Future contract with the Ravens on 2/6/13 so I'd guess recovered?
    To be on a pedestal is to be in a corner




  2. #2

    Re: D.J. Bryant

    Daryl Smith and Arthur Brown are expected to be starters. Josh Bynes and Albert McClellan are there to serve as #3 and #4 ILBs. He's got an uphill battle to make it into the Ravens 53 man roster, so I'd put my money on that Reserve/Future contract keeping him on the P.S. with Overbay,Furstenburg,and Wood.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,064
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: D.J. Bryant

    Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Derrell D.J. Bryant

    Linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens and Super Bowl Champion ring
    Went to Randallstown High and JMU

    UDFA in 2012 signed by Texans in April and cut in the final cuts at the end of August.
    Sept 18th TB signed to practice squad
    Oct 9, Colts signed him to PS
    Nov 5, Jets signed him to PS releasing him on Dec 4
    Dec 13, Ravens signed him to PS, released him Dec 19th (Merry Christmas), resigned him Dec 26th (Happy New Year).

    Significant knee ligament damage in the final preseason game against the Rams on the last play of the 1st half (he did have a sack in that game) which we lost 24-21 under Caleb Hanie. Welcome to IR.

    Heard nothing about his recovery, assuming he is a camp slot.... OLB 6'3" 248 (first team all CAA as a DL senior year). In his Soph & Jr years at Randallstown he had 87 receptions, 17 TDs, 1,189 yds alond with 22 sacks. So he was a sack master with hands. http://articles.baltimoresun.com/200...r-randallstown

    D.J. Bryant was signed to a Reserve/Future contract with the Ravens on 2/6/13 so I'd guess recovered?
    He's listed as an ERFA on the website. I'm 99% sure we tendered all ERFAs so he's still around.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle River
    Posts
    3,131
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: D.J. Bryant

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Daryl Smith and Arthur Brown are expected to be starters. Josh Bynes and Albert McClellan are there to serve as #3 and #4 ILBs. He's got an uphill battle to make it into the Ravens 53 man roster, so I'd put my money on that Reserve/Future contract keeping him on the P.S. with Overbay,Furstenburg,and Wood.
    Unless I miss my guess he is battling Suggs, Upshaw, Dumervil, Simon, not that OLB is going to be any easier.... McPhee is listed as an OLB? not DL?
    To be on a pedestal is to be in a corner




  5. #5

    Re: D.J. Bryant

    Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Unless I miss my guess he is battling Suggs, Upshaw, Dumervil, Simon, not that OLB is going to be any easier.... McPhee is listed as an OLB? not DL?
    If I recall correctly Bryant is an ILB, but it's not like the Ravens have depth at both LB positions. McPhee was converted to OLB and the Ravens should really put him back at DL, he was better there.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle River
    Posts
    3,131
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: D.J. Bryant

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    If I recall correctly Bryant is an ILB, but it's not like the Ravens have depth at both LB positions.
    I was going off wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._J._Bryant which called him outside, but that is all I've got, every other site just says LB, but like you say he has a fight just to make the team with Hamilton and whomever else we bring in. Just local flavor to his story.
    To be on a pedestal is to be in a corner




  7. #7

    Re: D.J. Bryant

    Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Unless I miss my guess he is battling Suggs, Upshaw, Dumervil, Simon, not that OLB is going to be any easier.... McPhee is listed as an OLB? not DL?
    Don't forget about Adrian Hamilton. I think the Ravens value him too.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,936
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: D.J. Bryant

    Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Don't forget about Adrian Hamilton. I think the Ravens value him too.
    Not to "dis" your post, but A H will be 27 in November and has a grand total of 2 tackles. If he wasn't cheap, the Ravens would cut him in a minute... Bc




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland