Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Doss to the Jags

AND the poor get poorer... Bc

If they already cut him once, would they still be able to tender him as a RFA?

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    He never quite caught the ball here. I remember a ball going thru his hands and hitting him in the face but best of luck to him. A good guy and solid citizen. He broke up a knife fight in 5 Guys once. An employee who was fired pulled it on his boss or ex boss and Doss used his size to take it away from him and throw him down til the cops came. Quite different from all these other Ravens getting arrested.

Here's a story you might not know. Flacco was the one who picked Doss in the draft. DeCosta told us the story how he gave Joe some tapes to watch of 2d tier receivers they were interest in. They wanted Joe's professional input on it since he would be the one throwing to him.

Joe got the tapes and picked Doss because he was a big target. His collegiate career wasn't that bad and he didn't have the drops that he had in the pros, I think. Maybe joe threw the ball too hard for him, not sure but one could say that Joe drafted Doss. He sure wanted him but I never heard any more stories of Joe having input in the draft-lol.
    Mentioned Joe hand picking Doss in my post on page 1. That's why it should always be that, the players play, coaches coach, and the front office picks the roster.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Has there been a single WR who left here and "developed" somewhere else? I can't think of a single WR who left after being here 2-3 years and was even in the league 2 years later.

I think they just missed on him as a player.
    Keenan McCardell who went to the Jags in 1996 during the Browns-to-Ravens off-season. As a prior Browns fan, I count him. He was damn good after he left.

Your point still stands though...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    As long as he can deal with London weather I think he will be good for them.
    winner

Blog Entries

Tandan Doss had all of the physical attributes that you would want in a possession WR, but some of these guys, for all of their talent and 'potential', can't seem to mature fast enough to take advantage of their opportunities. Usually, by the time they 'get it', if they ever do, they've exhausted many of their professional options and much of their quality years in the league.

That's why I can understand why John Harbaugh wants to be more hesitant in drafting guys with character concerns. Although, the irony is that Doss didn't have any serious ones that I can think of. Was he suspended for a game at one point? That might have been it.

Anyways, it's hard enough for a coach to prepare for a game, Then, you prepare a gameplan and hand it over to a guy who can't pull his head out of his ass to study it. And that's the part that the fans don't get to see.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flacco Machado View Post
    Mentioned Joe hand picking Doss in my post on page 1. That's why it should always be that, the players play, coaches coach, and the front office picks the roster.

coming out Doss had all the potential and tape to be a higher pick, he was injured and thats why he dropped. i dont believe for a second they gave Flacco free reign of any prospect to be our 4th rounder. They gave him ones they were comfortable drafting and let him pick from those. Holding Doss as if it was Flaccos mistake or fault doesnt make sense to me. It was mostly Doss being the reason Doss didnt work out here.
    -JAB

I just don't think he was good.

He couldn't make contested catches, got very little separation and had a mediocre work ethic.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    coming out Doss had all the potential and tape to be a higher pick, he was injured and thats why he dropped. i dont believe for a second they gave Flacco free reign of any prospect to be our 4th rounder. They gave him ones they were comfortable drafting and let him pick from those. Holding Doss as if it was Flaccos mistake or fault doesnt make sense to me. It was mostly Doss being the reason Doss didnt work out here.
    Not saying it was Joe's final say on the Doss pick, by any means. I'm not naive enough to think that. Just questioning Joe's assessment of what he evaluated in Doss, as opposed to other potential candidates. He said he wanted Doss. It'd be interesting to know who the other WR's were on that list. Anyone have a rundown of WR's that were drafted that year?

Has there been a single WR who left here and "developed" somewhere else? I can't think of a single WR who left after being here 2-3 years and was even in the league 2 years later.

When Mark Clayton left to go to the Rams he was having a very good start to the season. But then he had a bad injury, knee I think. Essentially wound up being a career ending on. Tried to come back the following year but couldn't stick.

I was curious to see how that first year was going to progress for him. He was on pace for career bests in receptions and total yards, quite possibly over 1,000. A lot of people considered him a bust, because he was a first round pick. I think he was essentially what they thought they were getting - a solid route runnner with good hands (I know, he had the one key drop). But they acquired Derek Mason who was exactly that player, and better, which kind of left him out of place.

Besides Stokely? No.

Wow, now the Ravens will need to add to their draft needs: another #7 WR