Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Jarvis Landry Photo

I am personally leading the Jordan Matthews to Baltimore bandwagon. As for Landry, his "draft stock" ( I HATE that statement) seems to have fallen. His LSU teammate, Odell Beckham, appears to be ascending.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    You guys are absolutely right that seeing a prospect make catches in traffic tells you good things about his toughness, his concentration, and his mentality. But making tough catches over college DBs is a lot easier than making them over NFL DBs, especially if (like Landry) you struggle with physical coverage. NFL DBs are bigger, faster, and stronger, with better ball skills and better field awareness.

I have an easier time projecting, say, Mike Evans to be a good in-traffic catcher because not only does he have the mentality and the concentration, he also has enough size and athleticism to bully NFL DBs. I don't see that as much with Landry. I think he does compare favorably with Hines Ward but he Hines Wards of the world are an exception, not the rule. There are many more smaller, less athletic WRs who end up NOT making it in the pro's because they can't separate or produce despite lack of separation.

Not saying I don't like Landry as a prospect, just pointing out what I feel is an issue with his transition to the NFL level. Would still be very happy with him in the 3rd.
    That's exactly what I've seen from Jarvis Landry. I don't see that working in the NFL. He's going to have to get away from the traffic instead of thinking he can fight his way through it. Honestly I'm so sure he'll be able to make that transition because it's not easy. You take that risk in the 3rd round but I wouldn't any higher than that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    You guys are absolutely right that seeing a prospect make catches in traffic tells you good things about his toughness, his concentration, and his mentality. But making tough catches over college DBs is a lot easier than making them over NFL DBs, especially if (like Landry) you struggle with physical coverage. NFL DBs are bigger, faster, and stronger, with better ball skills and better field awareness.

I have an easier time projecting, say, Mike Evans to be a good in-traffic catcher because not only does he have the mentality and the concentration, he also has enough size and athleticism to bully NFL DBs. I don't see that as much with Landry. I think he does compare favorably with Hines Ward but he Hines Wards of the world are an exception, not the rule. There are many more smaller, less athletic WRs who end up NOT making it in the pro's because they can't separate or produce despite lack of separation.

Not saying I don't like Landry as a prospect, just pointing out what I feel is an issue with his transition to the NFL level. Would still be very happy with him in the 3rd.
    I actually think Landry is a similar type of receiver to Jericho Cotchery and at worst, maybe a Josh Morgan.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    I am personally leading the Jordan Matthews to Baltimore bandwagon. As for Landry, his "draft stock" ( I HATE that statement) seems to have fallen. His LSU teammate, Odell Beckham, appears to be ascending.
    I too like Jordan Matthews. I've liked him as a prospect since last year.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    not sure how that works. Its pretty early in the process to say that so surely. I dont doubt they tell players that, but i think its a lot closer to the time than months before the draft.
    Could be. I just know I've seen players come out and say, "Yeah, I'd love to play in _______". They said if I'm there when they pick, they are going to take me".

I'm on that bandwagon, as well. It really will come down to BPA, as always. Either way, I wouldn't be upset with Zach Martin in the first and Landry in the second OR trade down and take Matthews in the late first and Gabe Jackson in the second.

Blog Entries

Me too. If Evans isn't there in the first(thats who I'm hoping for anyway), than Matthews would be a very happy second option. Landry is coming in at 3rd. If we don't get one of these 3 guys I'm gonna be disappointed.

Blog Entries

I'd be very happy if the Ravens took Odell Beckham Jr. with our 1st round pick. I doubt it happens because he doesn't fit the mold of a Ravens receiver but I believe that Beckham has the potential to be a very good receiver in a couple of years. I can see him on the Patriots and everyone shocked by how productive he is catching and running from all those short Tom Brady passes.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'd be very happy if the Ravens took Odell Beckham Jr. with our 1st round pick. I doubt it happens because he doesn't fit the mold of a Ravens receiver but I believe that Beckham has the potential to be a very good receiver in a couple of years. I can see him on the Patriots and everyone shocked by how productive he is catching and running from all those short Tom Brady passes.
    I'm a huge ODB fan. He's my 3rd guy at that spot...just don't think he is quite worth the 17th pick.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I didn't even see the shirt. My first thought was, "I hope the NCAA doesn't find out it's his Audi."
    When I briefly looked past this on Facebook.. I didn't even notice the shirt either, thought it was people complaining that he spent his money before he got it...

ok, NOW I get it...

I have no problem with an assumed 1st/2nd round pick buying a $50k luxury car prior to the draft. Even minimum salary pays that easily... assuming that is ALL they buy this early...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'm a huge ODB fan. He's my 3rd guy at that spot...just don't think he is quite worth the 17th pick.
    I didn't either but I keep seeing him to the Jets at #18 on a bunch of mock drafts so I'm guessing he's on an upswing at the moment. If he's good enough for #18 then he's good enough for #17

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I didn't either but I keep seeing him to the Jets at #18 on a bunch of mock drafts so I'm guessing he's on an upswing at the moment. If he's good enough for #18 then he's good enough for #17
    Yeah, I've been seeing that too...I don't know if it's legit or media hype or what, but he seems to be flying up the media's boards.

Really though, I guess he may go around that area as I like him more than Marquise Lee and Lee is consistently mocked around 17-22
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.