Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens #7 of 32 for Head Coach Consistency

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    and for some reason they're only listing 3 HCs. Somebody went out of their way to make a point on Pitt
    Yup. It's ridiculous. Tom Landry doesn't even make the chart this way. The whole thing is slanted to promote the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Yup. It's ridiculous. Tom Landry doesn't even make the chart this way. The whole thing is slanted to promote the Steelers.
    If you read it, it was a point about the Browns with three coaches in three years.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    However if the Steelers could remember their history they went through multiple coaches between 1933-1970. Also up until SB40 Bill Cowher was seen as a coach that couldn't get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    That's because of all those SB chances he choked on, ala Evans and Billy Goat, like his old boss Andy Reid
    WTF are you talking about? Harbaugh choked on Cundiff's kick and Lee Evans drop/strip/whatever? Did Harbaugh also choke the year before, when Boldin dropped the pass in the end zone in Pittsburgh and the defense gave up the big pass to Antonio Brown?

How about when Joe threw the game-ending pick 6 to Troy P in Pittsburgh in 2008? Did Harbaugh choke then too?

Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    However if the Steelers could remember their history they went through multiple coaches between 1933-1970. Also up until SB40 Bill Cowher was seen as a coach that couldn't get it done.
    More than impressive record by the Ravens.

It gets old with so many threads deteriorating into anti-Steelers threads. Celebrate the Ravens, don't belittle the Steelers needlessly. "The whole thing is slanted to promote the Steelers?" Please. I am sure the Steelers remember all the coaches they had, they did not author the piece.

The Ravens are a very selective, focused team who don't seem to cast about fishing for players or coaches haphazardly. The organization makes focused, well thought out choices that pay off immediately. I sure wish the Steeler's possessed such acumen. Cowher and Harbaugh are two totally different personalities, but two notable coaches none-the-less. People might dislike Harbaugh, but I think everyone knows that he is passionate about winning. And that sure as hell pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    More than impressive record by the Ravens.

It gets old with so many threads deteriorating into anti-Steelers threads. Celebrate the Ravens, don't belittle the Steelers needlessly. "The whole thing is slanted to promote the Steelers?" Please. I am sure the Steelers remember all the coaches they had, they did not author the piece.

The Ravens are a very selective, focused team who don't seem to cast about fishing for players or coaches haphazardly. The organization makes focused, well thought out choices that pay off immediately. I sure wish the Steeler's possessed such acumen. Cowher and Harbaugh are two totally different personalities, but two notable coaches none-the-less. People might dislike Harbaugh, but I think everyone knows that he is passionate about winning. And that sure as hell pays off.
    Classy post!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    That's because of all those SB chances he choked on, ala Evans and Billy Goat, like his old boss Andy Reid and getting rid of guys like Pollard and Boldin that speak out. Not even HARBs could choke in SB47 with all that talent Ozzie gave him but he blew that big lead and almost caused a bunch of heart attacks in Bmore while winning. He's never called a game. Billick did it when he fired his OC - JF.

He'd be out of football if he went to say Buff and a dozen other teams.
    You are literally giving him none of the credit and all of the blame. Wow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    WTF are you talking about? Harbaugh choked on Cundiff's kick

You've never coached have you son? Have you ever played football?

EVen Bellicheat said there was a lot of confusion on their sidelines with the clock. Somebody forgot to tell him to get ready in advance. Clock was running down. HARBs learned from that in DET this year when Tucker hit the big one. He was standing next to HARBs and when HARBs looked at him he said I got this one coach and he won with a historic and difficult shot with the pressure on. There was no confusion on that one. Tuck made sure he got his routine done on time. He heard about the excuses the year before.

and Lee Evans drop/strip/whatever?

Somebody forgot tell him to secure the ball - the coach.

Did Harbaugh also choke the year before, when Boldin dropped the pass in the end zone in Pittsburgh and the defense gave up the big pass to Antonio Brown?

You didn't notice the coach only rushed 3 guys on that play instead of blitzing including Kruger who was bounced around like a ping pong ball and don't forget that Webb gambled on that play to let the WR get behind him with all those guys behind him in prevent defense and Webb is still making the same mistake guessing wrong vs GB this year and thinking Elam was behind him with the same result that cost us another key game and a shot at the POs. More bad coaching but even HARBs learned from that one and ordered his coach to blitz on every play on the goal line stand at the end of SB 47. He didn't blow it that time.

Thats how they always beat us in the last 2 mins of the game by blitzing the hell out of the f*cking line like when TP crept up on f*cking Oher who saw him but had no f*cking idea what the f*ck to do. At the very least he could have tripped his man and made a lunge to grab f*cking TP to slow him down. We were denied at least two TDs when our receivers were deliberately held on the goal line this year, one in NY vs the Jets and one here when Marlon was grabbed and held on the goal line and neither one of them were called. There would have been tons of penalties on Oher but that was the time to have em and Joe might have held on to the f*cking ball. Nobody on the the f*cking line knew what to do. Boldin said he saw him but he didn't know what the f*ck to do either just like he dropped the f*cking ball on the f*cking goal line in Pissburgh. That's f*cking bad coaching, man and f*cking Oher just got the f*cking boot outta here as soon as his f*cking contract expired. Joe said f*ck, TP hit me on my f*cking second step back.

EVen f*cking CAM took the f*cking blame for that one. HARBs hired CAM.

How about when Joe threw the game-ending pick 6 to Troy P in Pittsburgh in 2008? Did Harbaugh choke then too?

How about when a stupid out of bounds penalty, way out of bounds took the ball way back to our goal line when Joe was driving near mid field. Bad coaching.
    Any little leaguer knows better and the player was shipped out of town really fast.

Stupid Harbaugh.
    And his old boss has the same rep as a choker only more so, just recently vs SD as he never won the big one and is known as the choker.

Even Billick said the fish stinks from the head down. Ozzie should have 2 or 3 more rings with all the talent he gave his coaches but they blew it like the 06 game with Indy. Their players said we knew what they were going to do and stopped them.

Even Shula was run out of town by the owner and fans for blowing SB 3. Bad coaching and he was out-coached by his former coach as a player.

Don't know what you're watching but it aint the coach.

Billick was right even in his own case dude.

Like I said, HARBs can't even call a game and would be out of football in Buff but I gotta hand it to him. He knows what a TRAP play is - my favorite play in football like the historic 70+yard run that beat the Girlz in Dallas. The rusher never knows what or who hit him if done right. HARBS got it right in Dallas. Thats one place he never chokes.

I'M THE ONLY ONE HERE GOING TO THE HALL OF FAME.

EARL WEAVER TO UMPS

WHAT FOR EARL? F*CKING UP ALL THOSE WORLD SERIES.

UMPS TO EARL.

Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-18-2014 at 02:07 AM.

Blog Entries

All of the above is just my humble opinion on a humble message board.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    You are literally giving him none of the credit and all of the blame. Wow.
    See my lengthy post above. I gave him credit for blitzing at the end of SB 47 and learning from his past mistakes but hell, any little league coach could have won that game with all the talent he had. Our SB window closed then and we should have won SB 46. SBs 46 and 47 were the SB windows Ozzie built.

BILLICK BLEW THE PLAY OFFS WITH 8 PRO BOWLERS WE GAVE HIM.

PHIL SAVAGE
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-18-2014 at 12:57 AM.

Somebody forgot tell him to secure the ball - the coach.
    The Patriots defensive back stripped the ball from Lee Evans and you are going to blame Harbaugh for it?

Evans was a vet and probably playing the game since he was a child.

If all there is to coaching is telling your players to secure the football then hook me up with a green card and a contract - am available, will travel.

I suppose it's also Belichick's fault that David Tyree caught a hail mary against his helmet and then four years later Tom Brady overthrew Wes Welker who dropped a crucial 3rd down catch?

And Harbs certainly couldn't have been important for our Super Bowl victory. It's not like he had a say in the radical decision to fire Cam mid season or close out the Super Bowl with a time eating intentional safety?