Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ravens #7 of 32 for Head Coach Consistency

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Yup. It's ridiculous. Tom Landry doesn't even make the chart this way. The whole thing is slanted to promote the Steelers.
    Exactly. The Steelers have had about 20 coaching changes in their 80 year history. About 1 new coach every 4 years. The Ravens have had 3 coaches in their 18 years. You do the math.

But as any good Steeler fan will tell you, anything that happened in the NFL before 1969 doesn't count.

Blog Entries

Head Coach who won the super bowl in his first year, was SB V Don McCafferty in Baltimore :happyanim

George Seifert would do it later
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    See my lengthy post above. I gave him credit for blitzing at the end of SB 47 and learning from his past mistakes but hell, any little league coach could have won that game with all the talent he had. Our SB window closed then and we should have won SB 46. SBs 46 and 47 were the SB windows Ozzie built.

BILLICK BLEW THE PLAY OFFS WITH 8 PRO BOWLERS WE GAVE HIM.

PHIL SAVAGE
    If you're going to discredit him for every little mistake a player makes, you need to credit him for every little good thing a player does. It's the only way to be consistent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Head Coach who won the super bowl in his first year, was SB V Don McCafferty in Baltimore :happyanim
    Yea but he inherited that great team that wanted revenge after blowing Sb 3. He did absolutely nothing after that and was fired. He was called The Easy Rider after Shula left but then the team went down and didn't put out for him and got him fired. He didn't do much in Detroit after that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    If you're going to discredit him for every little mistake a player makes, you need to credit him for every little good thing a player does. It's the only way to be consistent.

Like I said, read my lengthy post where I said he learned from his mistakes in SB 47 by blitzing at then end of the game and he learned from the Billy goat disaster. I was just answering someone point for point after he challenged me when I said Ozzie should have a couple more rings with all the talent he gave Billick and HARBs.

EVen Billick took responsibility by saying the fish stinks from the head down.

Andy Reid is still known as the premier choker even recently vs SD when Pissburgh fans thought they were going to the POs with a few a few seconds left.

Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-18-2014 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Billick won a Super Bowl in a shorter period of time. Or am I reading what you wrote wrong?
    I didn't express well what I was trying to say, sorry.

Harbs has been here 6 years and won a SB. I was trying to say that when you look at the tenures of every SB-winning coach on the chart, his is the shortest.

Pretty unfortunate that I didn't phrase that well... I see half the thread is devoted to it now. :P
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh