Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Ryan Clark in Purple?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Man, fuck this idea.
    Lmao...straight to the point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    You have to know there is more to FS than ball hawk. And it's not a coincidence there are no good safeties (F or S) anywhere close to 180 lbs in the NFL. You may find a few at 195. Webb is a good tackler in space but it's a whole different animal tackling RBs, TE's and big WR's running full speed down field all game. And you can't make anyone restructure. Either cut him or extend him but I would say Webb is too young, and still too good of a player to accept a paycut.
    I meant restruxture or cut.... not this year tho. I dont think its very hard to put on 15 lbs in the nfl.... i could put on 5-10 in a summer, and i dont have access to some of the *cough* supplements *cough* that players in the nfl do.... not that anyone in the nfl would ever ...... well ..... plus they have 247 access to personal trainers and cooks.....

I really think he could be elite he has great ball skills just hes not as explosive with his knees

No thanks, he's a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I meant restruxture or cut.... not this year tho. I dont think its very hard to put on 15 lbs in the nfl.... i could put on 5-10 in a summer, and i dont have access to some of the *cough* supplements *cough* that players in the nfl do.... not that anyone in the nfl would ever ...... well ..... plus they have 247 access to personal trainers and cooks.....

I really think he could be elite he has great ball skills just hes not as explosive with his knees
    If adding 15 lbs does for Webb what it did for Rice this past season then no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

Not this talk again.

Blog Entries

We know how well Harbs gets along with outspoken, physical safeties.

I think we offer it and Clark refuses, to be honest. I think he'd be concerned with protecting his image (he's a very big media presence).

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    We can all stop taking the EOY press conference so literally guys...
    hes not a coverage guy, at least not at this stage in his career. Thats not taking it literal thats taking it for what was meant by it. We dont want two SS back there again. We want a quick rangey S that can cover well... or in other words a more athletic safety.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 03-18-2014 at 06:55 AM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    hes not a coverage guy, at least not at this stage in his career. Thats not taking it literal thats taking it for what was meant by it. We dont want two SS back there again. We want a quick rangey S that can cover well... or in other words a more athletic safety.
    If Clark started Elam would still end up playing SS. There is no way you would stick Clark out there in that spot. He'd get burned over and over again
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If Clark started Elam would still end up playing SS. There is no way you would stick Clark out there in that spot. He'd get burned over and over again
    I think we agree, but did you mean Elam would play the same role he did last year?
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Really not interested in Clark other than a depth, vet presence.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Really not interested in Clark other than a depth, vet presence.
    I guess I'm just weird or something, but I wouldn't mind bringing him IF it's for dirt cheap, and IF this is meant to provide competition to whoever we draft for the FS spot. I don't see how adding competition can hurt. But if this guy is meant to be our starter, then Ozzie needs to wake up and smell the roses. He's going Alice in Wonderland if he adds him to be the starter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think we agree, but did you mean Elam would play the same role he did last year?
    Yes. I meant FS instead of SS. Or you can say that Elam would once again be a SS trying to play FS.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If Clark started Elam would still end up playing FS. There is no way you would stick Clark out there in that spot. He'd get burned over and over again
    Wasn't Clark a free safety in Pitt? Why do you think he wouldn't play FS for us?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    Wasn't Clark a free safety in Pitt? Why do you think he wouldn't play FS for us?
    If we signed Clark, there is very little doubt he'd be the opening day Free Safety.

I mean Pittsburgh apparently has all these guys who stink in the secondary, yet had a top 10 passing defense.

I'm not really for signing Clark, but I'm not going to be all that pissed off if we sign him either.

I just hope if we do, we still draft a guy with the idea of that guy taking over soon.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.