Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ryan Clark in Purple?

And I'd rather put Ed Reed back there again than Ryan Clark

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    Webb won't become safety for 2 reasons...1) he's only 180 lbs and wouldn't last a full season back there 2) he's way overpaid to be a safety, even with JByrd's new contract
    FS - Ball hawk.... SS run support. If you can breakdown route combinations and read QB's you can be a good FS.... see Ed Reed...

If he can play safety then he is more valuable than a nickel CB at 10 mil....hes not a starting CB anymore, either give him a shot to start or make him restructure

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Actually I would strongly advocate drafting Ward in the 2nd even if we signed Clark. The Ravens could run a really nice 3 safety package in some nickel situations with Elam dropping down to play the slot, where he has quite a bit of experience and could be a threat to blitz or cover. Kind of how the Steelers used Polamalu in the past and the Giants used Antrel Rolle.

That would also help cover up our weakness at #3 CB if Chykie Brown or Asa Jackson don't end up playing that well.
    Agree, Ward does look like the real deal. If we could still grab a quality WR like Landry or Moncrief in the 3rd, I'd be good with Zack Martin in the 1st, Jimmie in the 2nd and whichever wideout is there at 79. Do have my doubts that a real good WR falls that far though, but you never know, somebody always seems to. However, I am pretty certain Ward's not making it out of the 2nd. Might not even make it to us at 48.

You also touched on another concern with the backup corners. Asa has the look of a player, but we still don't know. Chykie, I don't have much confidence in. This is why I wasn't so anxious to let Graham walk. I don't even think, given what corners cost, that he was all that overpaid by Buffalo. I'm actually surprised that he's still going to be a 3rd corner. He cost more than we could afford though I guess.

The point is 3rd corners play a ton of snaps in today's NFL and he's only one play away from being a starter. Look at what happened with Webb on 2 different occasions. A 3 safety package addresses that concern somewhat, but we really need to fortify the corner position too. What was once a strength on the Ravens now lacks depth imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    And I'd rather put Ed Reed back there again than Ryan Clark

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    I agree, bring back Reed before we bring in Ryan Effin Clark!
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    FS - Ball hawk.... SS run support. If you can breakdown route combinations and read QB's you can be a good FS.... see Ed Reed...

If he can play safety then he is more valuable than a nickel CB at 10 mil....hes not a starting CB anymore, either give him a shot to start or make him restructure
    You have to know there is more to FS than ball hawk. And it's not a coincidence there are no good safeties (F or S) anywhere close to 180 lbs in the NFL. You may find a few at 195. Webb is a good tackler in space but it's a whole different animal tackling RBs, TE's and big WR's running full speed down field all game. And you can't make anyone restructure. Either cut him or extend him but I would say Webb is too young, and still too good of a player to accept a paycut.
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Just reading the tea leaves (and tweets) it sounds like he's negotiating with Washington and making other visits as part of that. He's going to go to the highest bidder.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

As for bringing in Ryan Clark even though he has been a Steeler doesn't matter to me at all. I know some people make a big deal about it, but the reality is that the NFL is a business and as long as Clark tries his hardest and plays well, I have no problem bringing him in even though he's played for Pittsburgh.

No yea yea Im so sick of hearing about "it's a business etc" It's not a business for us fans. It is passionate and rivalry makes the game great! I don't want him.

Go watch tape of Clark and William Gay getting torched all season on the deep ball. Clark is in the same class as Ed Reed these does. Doesn't hit as hard as he used to and has lost his speed.

I'll pass..

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Id take him if he could help us but I just dont see it. I'm betting he winds up back in DC.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Hopefully it's similar to the rumors that the Ravens wanted Edelman. Do we really want a 35 year old Safety to go with our 35 year old WR? We already met our quota of older players with diminishing skills for the season.
    If the Ravens wanted older players, they could have signed me @ WR and Beau @ FS, and saved a ton of money. I could be the slot receiver because I play the penny slots at Harrah's and Beau always goes for the free buffet... Bc

Blog Entries

Actually we may have our FS in Omar Brown. He's seen little work but in the 3 games he stepped in he had a pick, a sack and 3 tackles. Bleacherreport did a article on guys that may go undrafted but are gonna shock the NFL, Brown was one of the 9 so was Russel Wilson. For whatever its worth. Think I'd rather give him a shot than Clark, or any of the other names floating around at this point.