Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Ryan Clark in Purple?

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I knew that was coming (again).
    I'm not saying move Webb, I'm saying move a rookie before he takes a snap in the NFL. It happens regularly at other positions, why not at CB to FS?

AS a cheer leader, no thanks.,

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Actually I would strongly advocate drafting Ward in the 2nd even if we signed Clark. The Ravens could run a really nice 3 safety package in some nickel situations with Elam dropping down to play the slot, where he has quite a bit of experience and could be a threat to blitz or cover. Kind of how the Steelers used Polamalu in the past and the Giants used Antrel Rolle.

That would also help cover up our weakness at #3 CB if Chykie Brown or Asa Jackson don't end up playing that well.
    I was saying the same thing...it's just like WR...just because we signed Smith doesn't mean that we shouldn't still draft a WR in the first 3 rounds.

Clark won't make the Ravens pass on Ward in the second if they really like him...and from all indications, we apparently do.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Best thing I can say is the dude hits people. Can't say he's ever been on my wish list though. Old and certainly not the centerfielder I was hoping for. I don't hold the Steeler thing against him though. I don't feel toward him the way I feel toward Hines, Woodley and especially Harrison, who I just can't stand. In fact, it would be kind of fun when we played Pitt and he was trying to lay their guys out. If we get him I just hope he doesn't disappear altogether like Ed Reed did. He does bring veteranosity though, maybe too much, but we probably have the youngest safety group in the league. I'm sure Ozzie would still draft a FS. Clark's obviously a stopgap.

Ryan Clark is a bad fit for a lot of good reasons, e.g., can't play in high altitude, old, not a playmaker, etc.

But all those things aside: I hate him and hope he never plays for us.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Why would you think Ward wouldn't be an option anymore even if we signed Clark or whoever else at FS?
    I never said he wouldn't. But, to me, Ward looks like a day one starter. And Clark, again, is horrible.

I said on the Free Agency thread that this may be a surprise signing.

While last years defense was improved it lacked leadership (I know D. Smith did a nice job but they couldn't get off the field when it counted) and on field adjustments from the back end. If Clark still has something left he would be a good signing.

Sadly though I think his hatred for the Ravens will not allow him to sign here (he even said that there were teams that he would not go to because they aren't in a position to win or other factors...hint won't go to a hated rival). Being a Steeler has given him is on-air career so going to the Ravens could put a dent in that. Look for him to sign with Washington because the midget has admitted to him several times that it was a blunder that they let him go. The midget will pay handsomely and trumpet him as the new leader of the defense and London Fletchers replacement as the spokesman for that team (yes I know Griffin is the face of the franchise but Fletcher was the heartbeat and consciousness of that team).

I'd be fine with it.

As a veteran stop-gap / bridge to a young draftee, and emergency depth in case of injury, Clark is acceptable to me...by no means would he have been my 1st choice (Malcom Jankins, before he went to Eagles), but I'm fine with it, if it happens.

Vet minimum, sure. But he's not looking for vet min money.

I'd be surprised if he signs with us. All signs point towards Maryland's quaint, alternative football team in Landover.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Maryland's quaint, alternative football team in Landover.

Now that's funny!

Id rather move Webb to FS. I dont think Webb will return to being a dominant CB due to his multiple knee issues...but He may be able to switch to FS. If we draft a decent CB in draft its worth a shot, Id rather start a rookie at nickel than at FS

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Id rather move Webb to FS. I dont think Webb will return to being a dominant CB due to his multiple knee issues...but He may be able to switch to FS. If we draft a decent CB in draft its worth a shot, Id rather start a rookie at nickel than at FS
    Webb won't become safety for 2 reasons...1) he's only 180 lbs and wouldn't last a full season back there 2) he's way overpaid to be a safety, even with JByrd's new contract
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill