Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ryan Clark in Purple?

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

If the FO thinks he can help, I'm all for it from a football standpoint. But I'll have to hold my nose while I cheer for him. I hate that jackass.
    "Chin up, chest out."

For the right price, this would be a good move. He's still an adequate starter and would buy us a year to groom a draft pick. We might dog on him because he's a Steeler, but he never struck me as a douche like Lamarr Woodley or Hines Ward.

I guess every offseason we will have interest in a Steeler retread.
    Like Harrison, not happening

He's horrible. No thanks. Jimmie Ward!!

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    He can't play in altitude due to sickle cell trait, so there better not be a PO game in Denver next year.
    By the time any playoff game in Denver happens, the Ravens will have had an entire season to get a draft pick ready to play at an acceptable level in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I actually remember reading an article back in 2009ish where he said if he were to play anywhere else, he'd like to be a Raven due to the physical similarities between us and the Steelers

Edit...
    Ah I stand corrected. Thanks for finding that one.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    He's horrible. No thanks. Jimmie Ward!!
    Why would you think Ward wouldn't be an option anymore even if we signed Clark or whoever else at FS?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Ah I stand corrected. Thanks for finding that one.
    Yeah, he's still made some remarks that have pissed us off though.

Remember the "it's not a rivalry until the Ravens beat us" statement? lol
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Why would you think Ward wouldn't be an option anymore even if we signed Clark or whoever else at FS?
    Actually I would strongly advocate drafting Ward in the 2nd even if we signed Clark. The Ravens could run a really nice 3 safety package in some nickel situations with Elam dropping down to play the slot, where he has quite a bit of experience and could be a threat to blitz or cover. Kind of how the Steelers used Polamalu in the past and the Giants used Antrel Rolle.

That would also help cover up our weakness at #3 CB if Chykie Brown or Asa Jackson don't end up playing that well.

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Pass. I say give Omar and Trawick a chance and draft a corner with the intent to switch him to safety. Maybe a guy like Webb who is a little undersized to play man-up on bigger receivers but seems to have a nose for the ball.
    I knew that was coming (again).
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Only if there is no signing bonus, and no guarantee .... meaning we plug a roster hole pre-draft without committing ourselves to much more than a fighting chance for the 53. Anything else wait, or let him go elsewhere
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old