Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Ryan Clark in Purple?

I'm not thrilled with this idea if it's true.

Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider 7m
    Ravens have interest in Ryan Clark, according to a source. Fluid situation at safety. Redskins, Jets also involved with Clark
    View details ·

Blog Entries

Re: Ryan Clark in Purple?

how does that get us "more athletic"?
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'm not thrilled with this idea if it's true.

Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider 7m
    Ravens have interest in Ryan Clark, according to a source. Fluid situation at safety. Redskins, Jets also involved with Clark
    View details ·
    LOL...I saw this coming.

I was going to post something to the effect of "don't be surprised if the Ravens look at Ryan Clark if they don't draft a guy"...but I thought it'd happen after the draft.

Not thrilled, but Clark has been pretty reliable as far as his assignments.

He's not a playmaking guy by any stretch, but he does a solid job in run support and keeping things in front of him for the most part.

I'm sure the board is going to flip out and meltdown though...lol
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    how does that get us "more athletic"?
    We can all stop taking the EOY press conference so literally guys...
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

There has to be a clip of him saying he would never be a Raven. I swear I saw that on NFL network one time. I hope it happens.

Edit: and by happens I meant find the video. I can only see Clark here to facilitate a 1st rd pick.
    Last edited by Stealthbirds80; 03-17-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Hopefully it's similar to the rumors that the Ravens wanted Edelman. Do we really want a 35 year old Safety to go with our 35 year old WR? We already met our quota of older players with diminishing skills for the season.

Blog Entries

if he can cover well, I'd be for it. Ideally, our FS starter is going to be a stopgap until our drafted FS is ready to start (either this year or next).

I would be against it because I don't think he's a good cover FS. Maybe I'm wrong though
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    There has to be a clip of him saying he would never be a Raven. I swear I saw that on NFL network one time. I hope it happens.
    I actually remember reading an article back in 2009ish where he said if he were to play anywhere else, he'd like to be a Raven due to the physical similarities between us and the Steelers

Edit...

Clark acknowledged that respect. Take what he's about to say the right way, Pittsburgh.
    "Hatred is a strong word,'' Clark said. "I don't particularly hate them. In fact, the ultimate respect I can give them is if I couldn't play for Pittsburgh, I'd want to play for Baltimore.''

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2wFZKOOOu

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    if he can cover well, I'd be for it. Ideally, our FS starter is going to be a stopgap until our drafted FS is ready to start (either this year or next).

I would be against it because I don't think he's a good cover FS. Maybe I'm wrong though
    He is without question a stopgap.

We are not going to be able to fill every need with a young great player in UFA. The draft is going to have to fill some holes and we may need a vet to hold down the fort for a year or 2 until the rookies are ready.

He can't play in altitude due to sickle cell trait, so there better not be a PO game in Denver next year.

Please no.

At this point I'd pencil in Omar and wait for either someone with more talent than what's on the market to get cut, or see how the draft shakes out and let that player compete. I'm assuming Ozzie has his sights set on someone he expects to be cut. Similar to how we didn't bring in a single WR until Steve Smith was released.

Pass. I say give Omar and Trawick a chance and draft a corner with the intent to switch him to safety. Maybe a guy like Webb who is a little undersized to play man-up on bigger receivers but seems to have a nose for the ball.