Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

I think Wagners going to get a shot

http://ebonybird.com/2014/03/15/repl...ding%20on%20FS

Donald Penn is negotiating with some team. The vast majority of these guys are geriatric, on the same level as Oher, or worse than him. Strief is the best guy on this list and he turned down the Dolphins, who have more cap space than the Ravens because he wants to remain a Saint.

Also the Ravens are at $8 million in cap space and if they're going to address any position it would be C and FS. However if they were to bring a veteran RT in it would be to compete with Wagner to earn the tackle spot. Because God knows that Jah Reid isn't a legitimate competitor.

Blog Entries

Re: I think Wagners going to get a shot

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post

Donald Penn is negotiating with some team. The vast majority of these guys are geriatric, on the same level as Oher, or worse than him. Strief is the best guy on this list and he turned down the Dolphins, who have more cap space than the Ravens because he wants to remain a Saint.

Also the Ravens are at $8 million in cap space and if they're going to address any position it would be C and FS. However if they were to bring a veteran RT in it would be to compete with Wagner to earn the tackle spot. Because God knows that Jah Reid isn't a legitimate competitor.
    Right now Jah Reid might be aHEAD, BUT I think Wagner will get his opportunity... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post

Yeah I was figuring on Jensen getting a shot. I think we'll bring in a vet at C to compete, but the RT competition will likely be Jah Reid vs Jensen, which is laughable.

OR, draft pick there. If we go Zach Martin in the first, he could easily start at RT this year. I know that site says no OL high, in lieu of safety help, but the Safeties in the 1st round don't impress me much, think we can get one in later round that would be fine.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Yeah I was figuring on Jensen getting a shot. I think we'll bring in a vet at C to compete, but the RT competition will likely be Jah Reid vs Jensen, which is laughable.

OR, draft pick there. If we go Zach Martin in the first, he could easily start at RT this year. I know that site says no OL high, in lieu of safety help, but the Safeties in the 1st round don't impress me much, think we can get one in later round that would be fine.
    I don't think they are moving Jensen to tackle.

The team REALLY likes Wagner and he likely will get the first shot there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Or they give KO first shot at RT.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't think they are moving Jensen to tackle.

The team REALLY likes Wagner and he likely will get the first shot there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    That was my thinking. Wagner stood up his man in an un-balanced line in Miami when Rice ran by him standing up but I've read that Kubes might want to move KO to RT. They should leave him at LG and give Wagner a chance at RT as you say.

Jensen and Gino will battle it out for C with a 2d or 3rd rate C signed for competition ala Shipley.

If Kubes wants to move KO over then they draft someone from rounds 1-3 for LG, maybe someone like the Notre Dame kid who has great blocking skills for LG but now that Monroe is locked up and they have Steve Smith Oz can go for Defense in round 1 so who knows?

Only Ozzie but I'd take Wagner at RT at this point leave KO at LG, insert Jensen @ 317-18 lbs at C and Yanda at RG. That's getting bigger and stronger up the middle as Oz said. Ozzie obviously drafted Wagner to take Oher's spot when he left which has happened. Wagner was a top linemen but fell in the draft when he was injured.

They got two pretty good and big linemen in Wagner and Jensen.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-16-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Blog Entries

... If we go Zach Martin in the first, he could easily start at RT this year.
    If Martin is our pick, starts @ RT, and KO's back is OK, then our Oline (except for Center) will look pretty good : Monroe (LT) Martin (RT) Wagner (OT back-up) - KO (LG) Yanda (RG) Jensen (OG back-up). Also, if Martin is the Ravens first choice, wickedsolo will throw a party. No lite beer please, wicked... Bc

Blog Entries

OR, draft pick there. If we go Zach Martin in the first, he could easily start at RT this year. .
    OR LG and move KO to RT and insert Jensen at Center. I've read that Kubes might like to move KO to RT.

There's 1 safety that impresses me. Clinton-Dix.

Because Wagner was in that 6th lineman rotation, I would put him at the front of the line for RT.

Martin sounds good, but everything I've heard about him suggests that size-wise he's better off as a Guard. Which I suppose starts the K.O. as RT and him as LG.

Wagner will be in the mix at the position for sure. I think they'll add 2 OL in FA and the draft... one for center and one who can play G or T. The center needs to be able to come in and start from day 1, so that should be a veteran or an early round pick. The G/T can come later especially if KO is healthy and will play LG, allowing Wagner to focus on playing RT, which looks like his best fit in the NFL.