Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chris Clemmons

Re: Chris Clemmons

I really hate the prospect of Decoud because he has a reputation of routinely letting guys get behind him.

IMHO, interceptions are significantly down the list on attributes I ideally like from a free safety.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Question Re: Chris Clemmons

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    ... IMHO, interceptions are significantly down the list on attributes I ideally like from a free safety.
    Tell that to Ed Reed... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    3rd round? because I don't like him in the 1st or 2nd... Bc
    Wherever the scouts have him pegged for. Spags attended his pro day.

Not too many guys compare to Ed Reed
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Not too many guys compare to Ed Reed
    Oh I very well know that...just look at the post " IMHO, interceptions are significantly down the list on attributes I ideally like from a free safety." I was responding to... Bc

Ed brought a ton of other things to the table besides interceptions before his injuries.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I really hate the prospect of Decoud because he has a reputation of routinely letting guys get behind him.

IMHO, interceptions are significantly down the list on attributes I ideally like from a free safety.

That was the case last season but it wasn't before that. DeCoud was a pro bowl Safety in 2012. What I want to know is if the issue was DeCoud just hating Mike Nolan or is he just regressing as a player?

I've never though Chris Clemons was all that good. He's awfully soft for a player as big as he is.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    But this is ozzies MOand most people praise it and while generally were tight against the cap and it's amazing the deals he still works out. But this year we had money and a couple de facto needs and he didn't address any of them. Wow we added a35 yr old receiver. That's the best you can do? I have faith we'll upgrade at center. The big problem was FS. And if Brown or whoever comes in and lights it up I'll be the first to eat my words. But the answer isn't in the draft this year.
    We addressed needs, de facto or otherwise. Needed cap space (Suggs extended/renog.; let Jones & Oher walk), needed to keep Pitta (done), needed to solidify investment in Monroe/LT (done), needed to keep Mike Bordick, er, I mean Darryl Smith around (done), needed a veteran posession guy @ WR (got a HOF caliber one fairly cheap in Steve Smith), kept an explosive KR/PR and a viable deep threat #3-4 WR (Jacoby). Yes, RT is still a question mark (answer may already be on roster or will be drafted), C & FS could use veteran upgrades (prices drop on remaining top shelf FA Cs every day from here on out) and a veteran #3 CB would be nice now that Graham is gone. There is about $9 mil. left, barring other cuts. That is still something to work with, especially if one doesn't ignore the work already done or misread it as a fail.