Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Clemmons

Chris Clemmons

I thought he deserved his own thread. I really think this should be our next target. He would be the centre fielder and Elam would be back at his proper position. I really don't want to force Elam into FS for another year (yes I know him and Dig didn't play as true FS/SS combo, but I think it could screw up his development).

What do people think? Most importantly, what is his value?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Re: Chris Clemmons

A little curious why he's been ignored in FA. After him, I think you might as well put Omar Brown at FS. I think Ozzie would've had him in for a visit by now, must be something on his records that teams don't like?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I'd rather have DeCloud. Or even a trade for someone better. My opinion is FS this year is ozzies big time fail. They talked during the pressor. Even from the get go about needing a center fielder. Had the money and didn't produce. Clemmons isn't a center field kinda guy that was discussed in the other thread.

Blog Entries

But this is ozzies MOand most people praise it and while generally were tight against the cap and it's amazing the deals he still works out. But this year we had money and a couple de facto needs and he didn't address any of them. Wow we added a35 yr old receiver. That's the best you can do? I have faith we'll upgrade at center. The big problem was FS. And if Brown or whoever comes in and lights it up I'll be the first to eat my words. But the answer isn't in the draft this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    But this is ozzies MOand most people praise it and while generally were tight against the cap and it's amazing the deals he still works out. But this year we had money and a couple de facto needs and he didn't address any of them. Wow we added a35 yr old receiver. That's the best you can do? I have faith we'll upgrade at center. The big problem was FS. And if Brown or whoever comes in and lights it up I'll be the first to eat my words. But the answer isn't in the draft this year.
    Didn't address any needs?

Like TE, OT & ILB?

It's 4 days into the 1st FA period for Christ sakes.

You can't address all your needs in UFA.

Some of them will have to be addressed in the draft and with young guys stepping up.

Each re-signing was at a need position. If we didn't sign Monroe, who plays LT? If no Pitta, we have no tight ends. Same for Daryl Smith. Who returns kicks if no Jacoby?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Didn't address any needs?
    Like TE, OT & ILB?
    It's 4 days into the 1st FA period for Christ sakes.
    Yes, and the Ravens resigned JJ (3rd/4th WR/primary KR) plus several important special teams players, and let Dig go (meaning he wants a better FS). My mother-in-law, in her wisdom, says, "Be patient and don't allow today's wants to cloud your future needs." I wish my sister-in-law adhered to that principle. Back to the thread... Ozzie has done a great job so far IMO... Bc

already signed with jax

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac4HallofFame View Post
    already signed with jax
    That's the DE. We're talking about the Safety.

#1 answer is always in the draft if you're smart enough to find it
    #2 u should know ozzie's m o by now: he loves to wait til guys get cut after draft and june 1st. To whine about holes not being filled in march is the height of stupidity

Chris Clemons isnt really that good. I wont be upset if we signed him but he only has 4 career ints in 5 seasons...

Malcolm Jenkins was the one that I was hoping they would make an attempt to sign.Never thought Byrd was in their price range and I don't know much about the FS from the Dolphins.Expecting a draft pick to step in and start at FS seems like a huge risk.