Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So What's Next for the wizard of Oz?

Just to point out that teams with good wr needed to be defended by teams with basically 3 good coverage DBs.

We had that last year with Webb, Graham, and Jimmy. Something not a lot of teams could boast of having.

We don't right now, that is why we are speculating on Asa and Chykie.

But the flip side of the coin is that other teams will now need 3 defending us, with the addition of Steve Smith
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Baas has serious health issues. He might not even end up on a team.

I didn't know that but he's still gotta be better than Gino. :)

Why do they need to sign another ILB with Brown and Smith? They can find a backup in the draft.

Depth. Ozzie always thinks ahead and D. Smith might not be back after next year at his age. If one is on the board as the BAA Oz will draft him. In fact some mocks have us taking Mosley-sp of Alabama on the first round. That would be a big temptation for Ozzie since he's from there but I don't
    want anyone from Alabama.

I agree with you about draft a WR. There are a ton of them in this draft. They're going to take one at some point
    Ditto. They'll jump on Mike Evans if he drops but he never gets by PIssburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Just to point out that teams with good wr needed to be defended by teams with basically 3 good coverage DBs.

We had that last year with Webb, Graham, and Jimmy. Something not a lot of teams could boast of having.

We don't right now, that is why we are speculating on Asa and Chykie.

But the flip side of the coin is that other teams will now need 3 defending us, with the addition of Steve Smith
    I was just about to bring this up. It is looking more and more like the receivers and o-lineman that are worth taking at 17 won't be there (Watkins, Evans, Ebron, Robinson, Lewan, Matthews). There will, however, be great value for corners at 17. I would not at all mind Oz taking Gilbert or Dennard in the 1st if they're there.

It would give us three solid corners this year as well as insurance just in case Webb doesn't ever return to form. I love Webb, but he has this year and next to justify being an $11 million cap hit as he is. If he doesn't earn it, we could save $7 million by cutting him in 2016 and still have 2 good corners if we went CB this year.

I'm obviously getting ahead of myself a little bit, I just don't see much value for anyone else at 17. If I'm Ozzie, it's CB or trade back

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Ditto. They'll jump on Mike Evans if he drops but he never gets by PIssburgh.
    Exactly. In fact, I'm rooting for him to never get out of the top 10 just so they have no chance of taking him.

Blog Entries

Thanks, and that's the same with Ebron if he falls out of the top 10. He could make it to 15-17 and Piss would take him too. Just saying ya know?

Montgomery is also a legit option IMHO because once again...he was cut and won't count in the compensatory pick formula.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Monti at the right price makes sense, even if they think Gino can improve they have a fall back option. Not really sure what they are looking at for FS, is Omar Brown potentially the guy. It's possible, he showed skill in the preseasons, but they still need to invest.

Let's talk comp picks next year. Who are we thinking?

Jones - definitely
    Graham - most likely
    Oher - possibly (he actually received a decent contract)

Blog Entries

I posted this in another thread, but I think it bears repeating here: we've been spoiled for the past six or seven years, because the Ravens been so good that all of their needs could be addressed within one offseason, and Ozzie would still field a playoff contending team. Maybe we should come to terms with the fact that it's going to take more than one offseason to fill all of the holes on our roster.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I posted this in another thread, but I think it bears repeating here: we've been spoiled for the past six or seven years, because the Ravens been so good that all of their needs could be addressed within one offseason, and Ozzie would still field a playoff contending team. Maybe we should come to terms with the fact that it's going to take more than one offseason to fill all of the holes on our roster.
    Well with the exception of the Seahawks. A lot of recent SB champs had significant holes on the roster. Take the 2012 Ravens as an example.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I would agree, but let's not dismiss Ozzie's 2013 acquisitions : Elam (SS) ABrown (ILB) BWms (NT) "Juice" (HBack/TE,etc.) Wagner/Jensen (Oline) Lewis-Moore (DE) Melette (WR) MBrown (UDFA WR). Plus DSmith (ILB) Monroe (LT) DOOM (OLB) as FAs. Now he's signed several of our own FAs and SSmith (WR), and is not done yet. We have some cap space (Center and/or FS ?) in addition to the 2014 draft. IMO the 2014 Ravens are strong playoff contenders... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Montgomery is also a legit option IMHO because once again...he was cut and won't count in the compensatory pick formula.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Is he good enough though? Few games I watched of the Skins I thought he was poor. That being said he played next to Chris Chester and some other clown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post

Is he good enough though? Few games I watched of the Skins I thought he was poor. That being said he played next to Chris Chester and some other clown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PFF had him at like #2 on 2012, he dropped to around #12 in 2013 IIRC.