Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: So What's Next for the wizard of Oz?

I'd Say trade 1st round pick and add another 2nd round with it with a later 1st . We really need 4 draft picks in the top 3 rounds as i've heard this draft is extremely deep. This and last year is the start of your 2nd wave of ravens generations. It's an important Draft

I really want Owen Daniels you know he will come here cheap with Kubiak's love of 2 TE sets

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan6463 View Post
    I'd Say trade 1st round pick and add another 2nd round with it with a later 1st . We really need 4 draft picks in the top 3 rounds as i've heard this draft is extremely deep. This and last year is the start of your 2nd wave of ravens generations. It's an important Draft

I really want Owen Daniels you know he will come here cheap with Kubiak's love of 2 TE sets
    If you want a 1 and a 2 for our pick, we're looking at #29-32, following the draft pick value chart. So you'd have to find one of those 4 teams who'd want to mortgage picks in this draft for a mid-1st round pick. Not easy.

As for Owen Daniels, people also thought Steve Smith might sign here for vet minimum because Panthers were paying him 3 mil already this year. Daniels had visits with Packers and Redskins so far. He's not going to just chuck his value for familiarity with Kubiak. He'll be probably same cost as Pettigrew.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    If you want a 1 and a 2 for our pick, we're looking at #29-32, following the draft pick value chart. So you'd have to find one of those 4 teams who'd want to mortgage picks in this draft for a mid-1st round pick. Not easy.

As for Owen Daniels, people also thought Steve Smith might sign here for vet minimum because Panthers were paying him 3 mil already this year. Daniels had visits with Packers and Redskins so far. He's not going to just chuck his value for familiarity with Kubiak. He'll be probably same cost as Pettigrew.
    On Owen Daniels: we've sign our FA TE. We'll take Sefarian-Jenkins in the 3rd or someone similar as our #2 TE. My bet is the Juice = Daniels in Kubiak's system.

I don't think Daniels is gonna sign for 4 year 16 million. He's been injured like crazy lately and he's no more now than a second tier TE. I don't see him being a premier TE1 for any team in the NFL truthfully

Probably give himself a raise, after saving some money for the Ravens this offseason.

Honestly? Besides center, I'd like to see some depth on the defensive line. Canty is good, Ngata might not be around too much longer, and Jones just left. I'd like to get a DT just in case Brandon Williams doesn't pan out.

As always, wait

I am amazed at what Oz has done so far! It will be interesting to see how the rest of his plans come together.

Blog Entries

As Tony said on radio, Ozzie has a plan and dollar amount for each position and he sticks to it and won't blink with Smith and he didn't blink. What's next?

A Center - de la Puente of NO or Baas of NY. Theyre not Mack but better than Gino. Forget Mack, Cleveland will match any offer.

A WR - still need another one in the draft.They'll jump on Mike Evans but he won'[ be there so someone later on in draft.

A LG - Kubes might move KO to RT so we'll need a LG, someone like the kid from Notre Dame.

A FS - Oz will be able to draft defense now that Monroe is locked and we got Steve Smith but
    you can bet the house he'll take Mike EVans if he drops. If not another receiver in the other rounds.

An ILB - still need another one after signing D. Smith.

A RB - Ravens have met with Terrance West of Towson twice. He might be a 4th or 5th pick.

That is all.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-15-2014 at 01:20 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    It's a long shot, but there's still a chance that they make a serious play for Mack.

With the cap in all likelihood going up again next season, they should have room to resign guys like Torrey and Jimmy.

Definitely a long shot though. It would have to be structured right.
    0.00%

Think of it this way. The Ravens have about $10 - $13 million left. The Browns have over $30 million. The Browns are not going to let one of their best if not their best player go to a division rival. No deal the Ravens can put together could be more expensive than the $10+ million the Browns have already committed to. The cap friendly deal that would benefit the Ravens would easily be matched by the Browns. No point in doing the grunt work just so the Browns can get their player signed.

The idea is to put the offer out there for Cleve to match. Then it would tie up their cap.

Blog Entries

They have both the money and plenty of CAP space. They will match.