Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Michael Oher?

Re: Michael Oher?

Should be easy enough to replace that production, or lackthereof. I fully believe Ricky Wagner can suck just as equally as Oher at RT, and cost a fraction of the cap space! ;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I don't get the sense that Oher is drawing nearly the same venom as, for instance, Cary Williams last offseason.
    IIRC Ozzie offered Cary Wms $15 mil. for three years, but was turned down. We won SB XLVII, and he signed in Philly for $16.5 (also 3 years). Oher played out his rookie contract, and like him or not, was unceremoniously let go into the sea of FAs... Bc

I am quite possibly the charter member of the Michael Oher boo-bird club around here...

But now that he will no longer be playing football in Purple, I have nothing bad to say about him. Seemed like a nice guy, wish him the best now that he is no longer hurting our football team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    Should be easy enough to replace that production, or lackthereof. I fully believe Ricky Wagner can suck just as equally as Oher at RT, and cost a fraction of the cap space! ;)
    Anyone else will be as good as if not better than Oher. I was a big fan of Oher, but he just never developed into what we expected him to be. I thought he could at least be an above-average RT, and he was absolutely atrocious at RT last year.

He delays that quick start by 1/2 a second and actually stays with his assignment, Oher still with the Ravens. Hope the Ravens get a player with Ohers ability to play every game, it was a plus.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I am quite possibly the charter member of the Michael Oher boo-bird club around here...

But now that he will no longer be playing football in Purple, I have nothing bad to say about him. Seemed like a nice guy, wish him the best now that he is no longer hurting our football team.
    I'm the chairman of the club but you're right. It's best to wish him the best but better them than us. :)

Blog Entries

don't get the hate against Oher guy who was durable, worked hard, did anything the coaches asked him to do, didn't omplain, played to the whistle. Who's to say dumbass Moeller and DUMB ASS Castillo wasn't at fault for Oher's poor Technique? Hell we see even Yanda looking like crap this year, under Matsko Oher had some solid seasons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    don't get the hate against Oher guy who was durable, worked hard, did anything the coaches asked him to do, didn't omplain, played to the whistle. Who's to say dumbass Moeller and DUMB ASS Castillo wasn't at fault for Oher's poor Technique? Hell we see even Yanda looking like crap this year, under Matsko Oher had some solid seasons.
    I think "hate" is too harsh a word. I believe it's more disappointment because most of us thought he would anchor an OT spot for a decade at a high level of play...especially after his rookie season... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I think "hate" is too harsh a word. I believe it's more disappointment because most of us thought he would anchor an OT spot for a decade at a high level of play...especially after his rookie season... Bc
    I believe under Matsko Oher would have been good, I mean look at the track record of the Oline since moeller and castillo came in? it hasn't been good with either or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Anyone else will be as good as if not better than Oher. I was a big fan of Oher, but he just never developed into what we expected him to be. I thought he could at least be an above-average RT, and he was absolutely atrocious at RT last year.
    The "anyone would be better" logic doesn't always work. If you think that Michael Oher is the absolute worst that an RT could get, you are clearly not remembering Ethan Brooks.

Michael was a huge disappointment, but don't think for a second that we can't get worse at that position.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    The "anyone would be better" logic doesn't always work. If you think that Michael Oher is the absolute worst that an RT could get, you are clearly not remembering Ethan Brooks.
    Thank you. Thank you so very much.

I don't believe the Ravens made a bad decision by allowing Oher to test the market, and ultimately sign with Tennessee. While Oher was moved around on the line quite a bit, perhaps causing some delayed progression at a particular position, I still don't think he lived up to his 1st round tender, nor was he any better than an average right tackle.
    I understand a team can't have Pro Bowlers at every position on the field, however my gut tells me the Ravens can do better for less.
    From all that I've read, Mike is a hard worker, gives his best effort in practice, and is a good team mate. Every team could use more players with Oher's work ethic.