Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Oher?

Re: Michael Oher?

I feel bad for Oher. He seems like a good guy, but hasn't drawn much interest on the open market. Something tells me he'll be back on the right side next year after signing for a one or two-year deal after free agency begins to die down.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    I feel bad for Oher. He seems like a good guy, but hasn't drawn much interest on the open market. Something tells me he'll be back on the right side next year after signing for a one or two-year deal after free agency begins to die down.
    I know, he was frustrating at times and people seem to hate him but he always played hard and always played, even when hurt. That counts for something
    Last edited by JayJay; 03-12-2014 at 06:22 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    I know, he was frustrating at times and people seem to hate him but he always played hard and was always played, even when hurt. That counts for something
    I'm a huge fan of Michael Oher the person. It's unfortunate that his success on the field hasn't matched his tremendous work ethic and physical gifts.

With that said, now that we know Monroe's going to be manning the blind side, I wouldn't be mad with seeing Oher come back as our RT if the price is right.

I know, he was frustrating at times and people seem to hate him but he always played hard and was always played, even when hurt. That counts for something
    This is why I believe the coaching staff has a somewhat different opinion of Oher than the fans do.

I know, he was frustrating at times and people seem to hate him but he always played hard and always played, even when hurt. That counts for something
    You know what stood out to me last year about Oher? I forget what game it was but Flacco was marching down the field and they had either a 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 and it was a QB sneak, Oher grabbed Flacco and forcefully pulled him across the first down line.

Blog Entries

Again, better options available but I do like his work ethic. Id think if hes coming back it would be a 2 year deal, 3 tops and without really looking at what others are making, 2m/year. Hes not very good but id be interested in seeing how he does in this offense.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    All true. Winston was VERY GOOD for a few years in HOU. Oher was Good as a rookie, and has consistently regressed ever since. I can see the rationale in keeping him, I sincerely hope we don't.
    Honestly I don't want Oher back either. I do wonder though if the Ravens feel the same way. He seems to be a Harbaugh favorite. He was given a lot of time at LT even though it was clear he was terrible there. He's never been benched no matter how poor his play. Hopefully they have seen the same thing that everyone else has and decide to move on.

Im not a huge fan of Oher but he would be better than Winston. I think Oher, Wagner or a draft pick ends up as our right tackle this year.

I like Oher for his "nastiness" when defensive players take cheap or late shots to Flacco or other offensive teammates...Oher protects Flacco well after the play is over!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Again, better options available but I do like his work ethic. Id think if hes coming back it would be a 2 year deal, 3 tops and without really looking at what others are making, 2m/year. Hes not very good but id be interested in seeing how he does in this offense.
    Have to respond on the work ethic angle. He's missed few career snaps, but the 2nd half, he let his game fall apart and for the first time it was an effort issue. He did not put the same effort into back-side run blocking that Monroe did. Both were playing for contracts and should have been fully motivated, but Oher just mailed it in.

Someone will pay Oher for his durability, but I don't see how to structure any cap-friendly multi-year contract for a player who is so little above to the replacement level. If he returns I'd like to see a 1-year deal in the $2-2.5 million range to give him another hungry year to earn his payday. As others have pointed out, there are a number of veterans who will play for that, so I'd have to believe "Hungry Oher" is better for a single season than all of the other older veterans available for that same 1-year deal.

Here is my season analysis of the Ravens OL. Please look at the graphs to see what I mean about the drop in Oher's performance after week 6.

http://russellstreetreport.com/films...line-analysis/

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    was also the lowest graded OT in the run game... plus the penalty issues. I'd absolutely take Winston and his fine history with Kubes at RT over Oher any day of the week, twice on Sunday, for the same money.
    +1. Good movie. Mediocre player for the money and the draft pick. But we need more than Wagner.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    Have to respond on the work ethic angle. He's missed few career snaps, but the 2nd half, he let his game fall apart and for the first time it was an effort issue. He did not put the same effort into back-side run blocking that Monroe did. Both were playing for contracts and should have been fully motivated, but Oher just mailed it in.

Someone will pay Oher for his durability, but I don't see how to structure any cap-friendly multi-year contract for a player who is so little above to the replacement level. If he returns I'd like to see a 1-year deal in the $2-2.5 million range to give him another hungry year to earn his payday. As others have pointed out, there are a number of veterans who will play for that, so I'd have to believe "Hungry Oher" is better for a single season than all of the other older veterans available for that same 1-year deal.

Here is my season analysis of the Ravens OL. Please look at the graphs to see what I mean about the drop in Oher's performance after week 6.

http://russellstreetreport.com/films...line-analysis/
    Need Luann to get on his ass, she's the driving force. Oher hopefully will play better if the Ravens keep him. Give him a second chance with the ZBS, same Oline with a year together may get better results.