Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Oher?

Blog Entries

Michael Oher?

Not too long ago John Harbaugh said that the Ravens were aggressively trying to resign their own free agents. They've brought back 3 in Pitta, Monroe and Jones. We've heard they were at some point talking to Michael Oher.

The Left Tackle market has been red hot but the Right Tackle market has been completely dead. Austin Howard is the only one who has signed. Does this mean the Ravens have a good shot at retaining Michael Oher? How serious are they really about keeping him?

Blog Entries

Re: Michael Oher?

I was about ask has anyone heard anything about Mike Oher, I think he comes back for a good deal.

PLEASE GOD NOOOOOOO!!!!

ABO(anyone but Oher).
    I'd honestly rather pencil in Wagner, he can't possibly be worse, could he?

To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing Michael Oher walk but if we bring him back it better be no more than $5M per year.

Blog Entries

I suspect they've made him a fair offer and told him to test the market and come back if he wants to sign. The offer is not going up. That seems to be Ozzie's MO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing Michael Oher walk but if we bring him back it better be no more than $5M per year.
    $5M!!!!

NO WAY, we should be able to get Winston for half that... Zach Strief shouldn't even cost that...

Just because OAK paid Austin Howard that doesn't mean anything....

Michael Oher is not worth 5m a year... are you trying to make me spit out my beer? Michael Oher is a below average RT. He's the guy you sign if you don't have anybody at the spot and you can't get anyone else.

The Ravens CAN get somebody else. So they should. End of story--goodbye, Blind Side.

I'd take Oher back as RT (not sure about $5m). He's young and plays hard and plays every game. I'd like to think playing a 2nd straight yr @ RT and for Kubes could improve him some and that's all you need. He allowed less sacks & hurries then Winston in 2013 in more snaps, btw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    I'd take Oher back as RT (not sure about $5m). He's young and plays hard and plays every game. I'd like to think playing a 2nd straight yr @ RT and for Kubes could improve him some and that's all you need. He allowed less sacks & hurries then Winston in 2013 in more snaps, btw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    was also the lowest graded OT in the run game... plus the penalty issues. I'd absolutely take Winston and his fine history with Kubes at RT over Oher any day of the week, twice on Sunday, for the same money.

Yall mean lol leave the blindside alone!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    was also the lowest graded OT in the run game... plus the penalty issues. I'd absolutely take Winston and his fine history with Kubes at RT over Oher any day of the week, twice on Sunday, for the same money.
    Oher had 6 penalties in 2013, including 3 for false starts. Winston had 8 false start penalties himself. Oher also had a higher total rating than Winston. Winston wasn't loved by his fans who saw him every week either and would probably take Oher over him so it's all relative
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    Oher had 6 penalties in 2013, including 3 for false starts. Winston had 8 false start penalties himself. Oher also had a higher total rating than Winston. Winston wasn't loved by his fans who saw him every week either and would probably take Oher over him so it's all relative
    All true. Winston was VERY GOOD for a few years in HOU. Oher was Good as a rookie, and has consistently regressed ever since. I can see the rationale in keeping him, I sincerely hope we don't.