Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Oher?

Re: Michael Oher?

I'm not worried about Oher landing as RT, after all the Ravens won a Super Bowl with Oher on the right. My biggest concern is Center. Also if Oher isn't a Raven he'll probably end up somewhere. There's 32 RT's in the league and only 15 are good.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    , same Oline with a year together may get better results.
    i have my doubts

Blog Entries

well we are 3 signed (Monroe, Pitta, Jacoby) and 2 lost (Art, Graham)

2 more for the max number of comp picks
    Daryl, Ihedigbo, Oher, Dickson, Cody,
    and the low tier
    Scott, Doss, Miles, Dallas

Art Jones and Graham should be 4th or 5th rounder, Daryl and Oher have higher comp potential also.
    Waiting till we lose the 5th one to see if Ozzie makes a non-splashy move without pick loss penalty
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

4. Re: Michael Oher?

Art Jones signed a 5 year, 33 mil deal. That would give us a 5th rounder.

Graham signes a 4 era 16 mil deal. That could give us a 6 or 7 rounder. No more.

Remember theres only 32 compensatory picks. I dont think Dickson or Cody will sign one of the 32 bigger contracta.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    Oher had 6 penalties in 2013, including 3 for false starts. Winston had 8 false start penalties himself. Oher also had a higher total rating than Winston. Winston wasn't loved by his fans who saw him every week either and would probably take Oher over him so it's all relative
    This is all you need to know about the blind side guy and I called this the day they drafted him. Called out Gino too. This is from the Ravens own site.

The Ravens tried that in 2010, trading up three spots to grab Oher. He was a durable athlete, switching back and forth between both sides, but he didn’t end up being the long-term solution at left tackle as hoped.

So last year, Newsome made a move he had never done before by making a midseason trade....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    I'm not worried about Oher landing as RT, after all the Ravens won a Super Bowl with Oher on the right.

They also won SB wit FAT MAC who is also gone. They won in
    spite of Oher at RT.

My biggest concern is Center. Also if Oher isn't a Raven he'll probably end up somewhere. There's 32 RT's in the league and only 15 are good.
    Oher isn't one of them.

If the coaching staff thinks any of the older guys are better run blockers than Oher than I hope they take him. I guess I agree with those that say that stand alone Oher is serviceable, but just barely. I think in a way he's wasting Yanda's good years. If Ossemele get's healthy you may see something special with him teaming up with a newly contracted Monroe on the left side, similar to JO and Edwin Mullitallo years ago (when Big Ed was healthy and Jamal Lewis ran heavily to their side). If you can get the same thing going with a motivated run tandem on the right side that would be highly effective. Yanda, if healthy, is more than capable. We need an RT that compliments him.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

I think if Oher would come back "on the cheap" that Ozzie would resign him. I'm not advocating
    his return, but feel the Ravens would be 'comfortable' with Oher back at RT... Bc

Ya'll need to relax on the Michael Oher bashing.

You know he is in the 98th percentile in "protective instincts."

:)

Seriosly, I dont hate Oher like some on here do. He's frustratingly inconsistent, but if Ozzie gets him for decent value and it gives us a little more depth (and "Just In Case" versatillity) at OL, I'm all for it. But I do want Wagner and/or someone else competing for the RT spot.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling BC is right. If we resign Oher the front office would be fine wiht him at RT and it will just be him and Ricky Wagner competing for that RT spot. They probably wouldnt be looking for someone else.

Oher has zero money worries given his family and the millions he has made. IMHO he was hungry for a ring and lost some fire last year.Seems like he is not a big spender or party guy either. Good for backup in 4 position even if Wagner or X wins the rt battles.
    Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post

Seriosly, I dont hate Oher like some on here do. He's frustratingly inconsistent, but if Ozzie gets him for decent value and it gives us a little more depth (and "Just In Case" versatillity) at OL, I'm all for it. But I do want Wagner and/or someone else competing for the RT spot.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling BC is right. If we resign Oher the front office would be fine wiht him at RT and it will just be him and Ricky Wagner competing for that RT spot. They probably wouldnt be looking for someone else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    Oher has zero money worries given his family and the millions he has made. IMHO he was hungry for a ring and lost some fire last year.Seems like he is not a big spender or party guy either. Good for backup in 4 position even if Wagner or X wins the rt battles.
    Has he signed yet? That should tell you something. We lost Art Jones and Corey Graham and almost JJ who decided at the last minute to leave NY and come home but nobody wants Mr. Blind Side.

Not yet. At this rate he'll return as a backup at minium wage. Nobody wanted him but Ozzie when he was drafted and nobody wants him now.

That should tell you something.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post

I don't think anyone here "hates" Michael Oher. But I think a lot of people do recognize the truth--Michael Oher is a bad player who has been coasting on the reputation of a movie and a good rookie year for 4 years now.

At no point over the last 4 years has Michael Oher put together even ONE overall average year. He has had good games here and there, as you would expect of any player with the talent to make it to the NFL, but on the whole, he has never been better than below average over the course of a whole year. His bad games are horrifying.

Yet he was a 1st round pick with the elite physical tools to justify his selection. People just get hung up on his physical tools and the fact that he had a good rookie year. But once the league had a chance to really scout his tape (and the officials stopped letting the Ravens get away with him moving before the snap) defenses figured him out and he has never adjusted.

His technique is still atrocious. His awareness is atrocious. I don't think he gets it mentally, and the only thing that really stands out about him is that he used to be a good, tenacious run blocker. But he's actually become a loafer who doesn't play to the whistle over the last 2 years--he was the worst run blocking tackle in the league last year, in fact.

I don't believe Michael Oher is worth anything more than the veteran minimum. His market seems ice cold thus far, but I'm thinking somebody will give him better than the veteran minimum based on his (fake) reputation and physical upside. In which case, goodbye and best of luck.