Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 23 of 23
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle River
    Posts
    3,066
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Add Arizona to the List ...



    On February 28, 2014, Sharper was officially fired from NFL Network.

    He was suspended from NFL Network on Jan 18th 2014, the day after his L.A. arrest Jan 17th

    NFL washed their hands of him (with his health insurance/counsellings) (a lot quicker than an owner)
    Heinz Field Ketchup official ketchup of the Ravens?




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,291
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Add Arizona to the List ...

    Wow that's one sick dude.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,958

    Re: Add Arizona to the List ...

    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Yeah I think it all comes down to the evidence. Apparently the state feels they have enough to hold him without bail.
    It's still at the judges discretion. I don't see him getting out.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  4. #16

    Re: Add Arizona to the List ...

    This is pretty fucked up.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    2,267

    Re: Add Arizona to the List ...

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's still at the judges discretion. I don't see him getting out.
    Judges discretion yes, but the prosecution has a burden of proof under due process to provide the evidence, and prove that it is significant enough to hold him without bail. And that is what this is about.

    The situation is a bit different in that Sharper is being held in California without bond, because of the Arizona indictment and no bail status. Seems a bit twisted to me.
    "Screw it, let's ride"!




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,417

    Re: Add Arizona to the List ...

    This just goes to show that money and fame do not bring a person happiness. He has plenty of cash, fame, and appears to me a good-looking guy. What is going on in his heart and head that makes him do this?

    I feel sorry for the guy. I don't excuse him for this and he needs to go to prison for a very long time, maybe life. I just hate to see people like this, he probably has something akin to an addiction. Whatever money he has should be split among these women. I know that doesn't make up for it but beyond incarcerating him and giving them monetary awards what else can the state do?




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,958

    Re: Add Arizona to the List ...

    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Judges discretion yes, but the prosecution has a burden of proof under due process to provide the evidence, and prove that it is significant enough to hold him without bail. And that is what this is about.

    The situation is a bit different in that Sharper is being held in California without bond, because of the Arizona indictment and no bail status. Seems a bit twisted to me.
    You're convoluting your legal terms / concepts. This whole thing, from his arrest to determination of guilt, is part of due process and the prosecution has the burden of proof at the trial, not at a bail review.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    2,267

    Re: Add Arizona to the List ...

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You're convoluting your legal terms / concepts. This whole thing, from his arrest to determination of guilt, is part of due process and the prosecution has the burden of proof at the trial, not at a bail review.
    I'm not a legal expert so don't hold me to the fire. If I am reading the information correctly, under Arizona law, Sharper has a "due process" right to a hearing in which prosecutors have to prove that there is convincing evidence to hold him without bail.

    Under Arizona law, Sharper has a due-process right to force prosecutors to prove that "the proof is evident and the presumption great" that he committed the crimes if he is held without bond, Granville said.
    "Screw it, let's ride"!




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,958

    Re: Add Arizona to the List ...

    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I'm not a legal expert so don't hold me to the fire. If I am reading the information correctly, under Arizona law, Sharper has a "due process" right to a hearing in which prosecutors have to prove that there is convincing evidence to hold him without bail.
    That's poorly written by the media outlet.

    Bail review is part of due process. The prosecutors don't have to "prove" anything. According to AZ law if he's charged with a capital crime or a sex offense, bail is not an option.

    The "proof is evident and the presumption great" line is a vagary and the word presumption is a fancy way of saying "suspected".

    So circling back, it's still at the judges discretion, meaning all the judge has to say is that bar has been met and he's held. Now he may get lucky and get a soft judge but those are few and far between in AZ.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    2,267

    Re: Add Arizona to the List ...

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    That's poorly written by the media outlet.

    Bail review is part of due process. The prosecutors don't have to "prove" anything. According to AZ law if he's charged with a capital crime or a sex offense, bail is not an option.

    The "proof is evident and the presumption great" line is a vagary and the word presumption is a fancy way of saying "suspected".

    So circling back, it's still at the judges discretion, meaning all the judge has to say is that bar has been met and he's held. Now he may get lucky and get a soft judge but those are few and far between in AZ.
    Yeah I agree that the judge will have the final say. The issue is that sharper has never appeared before a judge on the Arizona indictment, and this is what his attorney is saying. The judge decided to hold Sharper based on comments by the prosecutor, while he was incarcerated in California. I'm pretty sure he has a right to be present at the initial bond hearing with his attorney?
    "Screw it, let's ride"!




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,958

    Re: Add Arizona to the List ...

    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Yeah I agree that the judge will have the final say. The issue is that sharper has never appeared before a judge on the Arizona indictment, and this is what his attorney is saying. The judge decided to hold Sharper based on comments by the prosecutor, while he was incarcerated in California. I'm pretty sure he has a right to be present at the initial bond hearing with his attorney?
    I would think so, yes.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland