Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Who's your FS next year?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Ihedigbo is a real possibility. Assuming Elam gets better playing center fielder, Dig is a pretty decent guy to have on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's the way I see it. They'll add depth but not sure it'll be sexy

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I'd rather not move Elam to CF. He's a natural SS, I think the goal should be to improve him there and find stopgap at FS until a developing guy can step in.

Don't forget Omar Brown too. He's probably on the same talent level as some of these re-treads, and much cheaper and already on roster too.

Ihedigbo doesn't have the market he thought he'd have, IMO. Could be back on another small deal.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I'd rather not move Elam to CF. He's a natural SS, I think the goal should be to improve him there and find stopgap at FS until a developing guy can step in.

Don't forget Omar Brown too. He's probably on the same talent level as some of these re-treads, and much cheaper and already on roster too.

Ihedigbo doesn't have the market he thought he'd have, IMO. Could be back on another small deal.
    I like Omar as much as the next guy, but he seems like he is more of a ST's guy.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Agree 100%. I think they want Elam at SS no matter what this year. They'll let their favorite of Omar, Trawick and Levine compete with DeCoud or a similar FA and a likely draft pick battle it out until they can come up with a more permanent solution at FS.

I could see Ihedigbo re-sign with us as a 3rd safety/special teams captain if he can't find a starting job elsewhere. I'd be glad to have him back if that was the case.

I like Omar as much as the next guy, but he seems like he is more of a ST's guy.

I'm not so sure. He's flashed some serious playmaking ability at times during previous camps. Maybe this is the year he puts it all together with a starting spot up for grabs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    I'm not so sure. He's flashed some serious playmaking ability at times during previous camps. Maybe this is the year he puts it all together with a starting spot up for grabs.
    Don't get me wrong...I think his preseason playmaking ability is worth about as much as how well Eron Riley looked in preseasons...Omar Brown had a couple nice plays against backups, I don't think he's about to light the league on fire.

But, we're looking around at multiple re-treads anyway, who would need to learn our system, cost more, and offer probably the same physical abilities and smarts. Why not give him a shot, again accepting that he's not a permanent solution there and you need to make a move to address that in draft or UDFA?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Don't get me wrong...I think his preseason playmaking ability is worth about as much as how well Eron Riley looked in preseasons...Omar Brown had a couple nice plays against backups, I don't think he's about to light the league on fire.

But, we're looking around at multiple re-treads anyway, who would need to learn our system, cost more, and offer probably the same physical abilities and smarts. Why not give him a shot, again accepting that he's not a permanent solution there and you need to make a move to address that in draft or UDFA?
    Wasn't trying to suggest he'd make the Pro Bowl or anything, just that he could seize this opportunity and win the starting job next to Elam in 2014.

Although truth be told I kind of get the impression that Omar is the fan favorite, not necessarily Harbaugh's. So who knows?

Calvin Pryor FTW!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brien Jackson View Post
    Calvin Pryor FTW!
    Possibility, but I'd prefer another route...

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Jim Leonhard is out there . . .

Possibility, but I'd prefer another route...

The more I've watched of him, the more I like him. Most of his flaws can be cleaned up with coaching, and his natural ability/instincts are off the charts. A Pryor/Elam pairing for the next several years would be outstanding, and with Evans looking like he's going to be off the board several picks before the Ravens get a shot at him, I think he's going to be one of the better value picks at 17 too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Jim Leonhard is out there . . .
    He looked done last year and not much better the year before. Losing quickness at that position makes it real hard to stay in the NFL.