Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28687475767778
Results 1,156 to 1,169 of 1169

Re: Update: Ravens have signed Steve Smith

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Parents making fun of their own children and exploiting that for their own benefit are pitiful. Mom pulling out a few pictures is a far cry from anticipating your child will be heartbroken over some news, filming the incident for a laugh, and then showing it to millions of strangers. That really borders on cruelty in my opinion. But in a society growing up with Jerry Springer shows, it has unfortunately become the accepted norm.
    Meh, I think it's kind of cute. Maikng something up to deliberately provoke the reaction is cruel, but the genuine emotional reaction of childhood like that is sweet. YMMV.

They are interviewing him on ESPN Radio and he got pulled over while on the radio and said and i quote "I got pulled over cuz you know a guy that looks like me driving the car that I have." lol No filter but funny as hell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darksouleyez View Post
    They are interviewing him on ESPN Radio and he got pulled over while on the radio and said and i quote "I got pulled over cuz you know a guy that looks like me driving the car that I have." lol No filter but funny as hell.
    The audio is on this link: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...c-d5fb53d0d877

Smith: “Oh. See, you guys got me in trouble. I’m getting pulled over by the police.”
    Host: “Right now? While we are talking to you?”
    Smith: “Yup.”
    Host: “Were you speeding?”
    Smith: “No, I’m not speeding. I guess I’m on my cellphone. … How about I keep you on hold while I go through the procedure?”
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Pretty interesting...I wonder where he was driving that it happened? Said he didn't get in trouble for being on the cell phone, so my guess is not MD.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

That was a good interview that talked a good bit about his past vs where he is now. I think that should turn some opinions about him around.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    That was a good interview that talked a good bit about his past vs where he is now. I think that should turn some opinions about him around.
    It did turn my opinion on him. I've always respected his ability as a player, but the stories about the fights with his teammates and opponents kind of soured me on him. I wasn't 100% anti Ravens signing him, but I didn't really want them to.

He definitely comes across as a much more subdued and intelligent individual in that interview. He makes a good point in it that people only see 2 hours of him on Sundays, maybe 20 minutes of interviews a month and that's not enough to judge a person. And he's absolutely right.

Put me in the camp that Gavin's dad is a douche. It's one thing sharing embarassing videos or pictures with the family. But that's not what he did. He set it up so he could record it, knowing that the news was going to crush his son, and he did it with the intent of sharing it with the entire world. And while I don't know for sure, I would guess he also probably did it with the expectation to "profit" from it with some Smith/Ravens swag and a meeting. Douche move.

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    Put me in the camp that Gavin's dad is a douche. It's one thing sharing embarassing videos or pictures with the family. But that's not what he did. He set it up so he could record it, knowing that the news was going to crush his son, and he did it with the intent of sharing it with the entire world. And while I don't know for sure, I would guess he also probably did it with the expectation to "profit" from it with some Smith/Ravens swag and a meeting. Douche move.
    "Leave. Your. Mark."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Yeah it was a pretty good interview. By the way he also talks about his wife of 14 years, his son in high school and daughter in 7th grade. I thought I read earlier in this thread that they were expecting their first child but maybe that was a confusion with Torrey.

Yeah it was a pretty good interview. By the way he also talks about his wife of 14 years, his son in high school and daughter in 7th grade. I thought I read earlier in this thread that they were expecting their first child but maybe that was a confusion with Torrey.
    He is/was expecting a child, Steve Smith Jr apparently. Still not sure if his eldest sons name, which i thought was steve smith Jr. Also has a daughter and possibly another son, but im not sure if that was counting the yet to be born or if hes expecting a 4th child.

Regardless, he comes off as a much more mature person and family man, that recognizes his mistakes/downfalls. His charitable contributions shouldnt be overlooked either. Theres reason why that fan base has stuck by him so strongly.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quick note about SmithSr...at age 35, I like him to win vs. most #2 CBs. I not talking 6 / 105 / 1 every game, but rather a nice 66-69% catch rate.

If SmithSr still draws #1s then I like Torrey in year 4 vs. #2s much better than I did when he was last [consistently] drawing #2s back in his second year.
    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the Draft

Settle down. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco's Baltimore Ravens can beat any team, anywhere.

Having fun talking football and tech stuff on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Most long tenured athletes tend to do this, but just another point in the character column for Mr. Smith, Sr.:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...l#.Uy1yu9JDvFF
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Most long tenured athletes tend to do this, but just another point in the character column for Mr. Smith, Sr.:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...l#.Uy1yu9JDvFF
    Yes, but it may get a little awkward for him when he has to show off his Super Bowl ring, as a Raven, in Charlotte ... Bc