Page 48 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4647484950 ... LastLast

Re: Source: Steve Smith a strong fit for Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I'm not the one saying Steve Smith sucked. You are. If a 35 year old WR can produce the same as the Ravens' #1 WR who is much younger in football years, then I'm all for it. Again, Torrey Smith almost broke a franchise record with those #'s and Steve wasn't too far off from those same #s
    Exactly. If they put Torrey, Marlon, Smith, Jacoby and Pitta on the field at the same time...we would start finally seeing open receivers. One of those guys is bound to be open. That's why I'm so about signing Mack. Build a line that will give Flacco time and he can let it fly. Yes Browns have a lot of money, but it's starting to look like FS and MLB might be addressed through the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smith would immediately be our #2 receiver, and shouldnt cost much either because of his age. He also is one of the most "clutch" WR's in the game and makes a lot of plays on 3rd down. With him, Jones, T Smith, and Pitta on the field as well as Rice out of the backfield we would all of a sudden have a pretty potent looking offense. That would have a ripple effect on our offensive line because Joe would be able to get rid of the ball faster. When you look at the upside his personality issues dont seem to matter as much. I think the grown men on our team can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I'm not the one saying Steve Smith sucked. You are. If a 35 year old WR can produce the same as the Ravens' #1 WR who is much younger in football years, then I'm all for it. Again, Torrey Smith almost broke a franchise record with those #'s and Steve wasn't too far off from those same #s
    He had almost half the yardage and six yards per catch less average. Other than TD's, not sure where you're getting that he had similar numbers.

And being as good as Torrey last season only shows just how bad our receiving threat was last year. That's not a resounding recommendation for Smith's abilities this point in his career.

To quote a friend who is a die hard Panthers fan "he's a washed up diva bum". I'm inclined to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    To quote a friend who is a die hard Panthers fan "he's a washed up diva bum". I'm inclined to agree.
    He might not be great anymore but hes still better than M Brown or Jacoby. And in the short term hes better than anyone we would get in the draft. Theres no doubt he would help us in 2014

I'm more inclined to go WR 2x in the draft, once early and once late.

If they sign Smith though, I'm just afraid that they'll go once and skip the early.

I think they need to groom someone this year that can take over if Torrey ends up departing (not that I think he will) or be the #2 guy for 4-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    He might not be great anymore but hes still better than M Brown or Jacoby. And in the short term hes better than anyone we would get in the draft. Theres no doubt he would help us in 2014
    I don't know any of that to be true and yes, there's plenty of doubt. Jacoby maybe behind Smith, but Marlon is on the upside of his career. Smith isn't.

His own GM is throwing him under the buss, saying he's a distraction and his act in the locker room has been wearing thin on the players. That's doubt right there, never mind the stats he may or may not provide the Ravens.

Blog Entries

You want Doss?

Nuff said.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I don't know if he is better than Marlon Brown, we shall see. I think Brown is going to have a very nice year coming up and even with Smith I think Brown grows into a solid #2 WR in 2014.

If he's healthy I would rather see them bring in Santonio Holmes.He's 5 years younger and last season when he did get on the field averaged almost 20yds per catch.A one year make or break deal preferably then draft a wideout early.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I don't know if he is better than Marlon Brown, we shall see. I think Brown is going to have a very nice year coming up and even with Smith I think Brown grows into a solid #2 WR in 2014.
    They would complement each other and Brown would learn from him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    If he's healthy I would rather see them bring in Santonio Holmes.He's 5 years younger and last season when he did get on the field averaged almost 20yds per catch. one year make or break deal preferably then draft a wideout early.
    Santonio Holmes?

Pass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    They wouldn't want Smith to do anything more than be Joe's safety valve making those clutch catches what he built his whole career off of. It would be no different than what Q did.