Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Source: Steve Smith a strong fit for Ravens

I think we may need somebody who isn't afraid to call somebody out.

Steve Smith is still a capable guy. And he is one of the fiercest competitors to ever play in the NFL.

Blog Entries

Just say NO. In previous years the Ravens were one, maybe two guys away from winning the Super Bowl (In 2012 Jacoby and Tucker proved to be those two guys). They need much more than that "one guy". Now is not the time to be signing a 35 year old receiver.

Blog Entries

If we get a WR in free agency, I hope and pray they are 30 or under. I'm tired of these short term rentals!

So, people want to sign Steve Smith, sign Owen Daniels, re-sign Jacoby & draft Mike Evans/Jarvis Landry/ODB or whoever in 1st or 2nd rd? Well when/where are all these players supposed to play? I think only two of these options are available so pick 2: sign a vet wr, re-sign JJ12, draft a Wr early, continue to develop and have plans for Marlon Brown. Throw in Torrey and there isn't much space for anything more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

hell naahhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't think signing Smith...or any other receiver will keep the team from drafting one or 2.

As for Smith the player...eh...I could go either way. I certainly would not be expecting Smith of 5-6 years ago...but I do think he'd bring a lot of toughness and reliability to the table.
    Would be a great player to have once we draft those WR's. Excellent mentor.

I'd love to sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal. He fits the kinda WR we need.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't think signing Smith...or any other receiver will keep the team from drafting one or 2.

As for Smith the player...eh...I could go either way. I certainly would not be expecting Smith of 5-6 years ago...but I do think he'd bring a lot of toughness and reliability to the table.
    This.

To me, Smith is a one year rental. You're bringing him in to mentor the other WRs and give the drafted guy time to develop.

That said, do you want your young, impressionable WR learning from a guy who has such a hot temper? Might be a tough call.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Short and small and old not to mention surely lost a step or two. Pass please.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Blog Entries

We kinda saw what just youth brings. I think his mentality and attitude would be a good fit. Obviously short term. I would be ok if the money is right.

He's a bad ass WR who can still get you 50 catches a year. He'd come here on a veteran's minimum deal because he's getting $3 million in guaranteed salary from Panthers if he's cut.

Great mentor and yea sometimes it's a good thing when one player calls out another. We need him to be our 4th WR...right player right price right value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

id sooner say his temper is an issue before calling out teammates. Ed called out teammates while he was here and I really didnt have much issue with it. when I watched him play last year, I cant say i saw a 35 year old but with that said, his numbers were way down and thats mostly because he wasnt asked to be the main guy anymore. I dont think if he came here hed by much more than a 3 or 4 in most cases. Which if thats the case hes not going ot have much pull in the locker room anyway.
    -JAB