Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Have the Ravens THUGGED out here??

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    If a person is going to criticize Harbs for what some knuckleheads are going to do they need to pull their head out of their arse and realize two things.
    1. Bill Belichick a future HOF coach had his #2 corner get a DUI and his #2 Tight End decide to play Grand Theft Auto in real life.
    2. Nowhere in the job description for a coach does it call for them to be a babysitter.
    The truth is they're grown men and do stupid stuff regardless of who's in the locker room.
    One thing about Bilichick, love him or hate him was that he disassociated himself from Hernandez immediately after it became apparent that he was involved in those murders.

Quote Originally Posted by livegonzo View Post
    Three arrests in 21 days?? beating women, head butting and stopping people in strip clubs, arrested for weed, whats next ????? I say Ray Lewis was right. This team has no leadership what so ever from head coach on down.
    *sigh*

As others of said, it's not the coach's or the teams job to babysit players outside of work. Does your boss watch you 24/7 to make sure you're not misbehaving?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    One thing about Bilichick, love him or hate him was that he disassociated himself from Hernandez immediately after it became apparent that he was involved in those murders.
    But they still happened while Belichick was the head coach and Hernandez was on the team, and I didn't hear anyone claim that Belichick was responsible for his players' behavior or that he lacked leadership or was losing control.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    But they still happened while Belichick was the head coach and Hernandez was on the team, and I didn't hear anyone claim that Belichick was responsible for his players' behavior or that he lacked leadership or was losing control.

Maybe not here, because we don't follow them that closely, nor do we care. I'm sure you could find a Patriots forum where some of their fans were saying the same thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    Is that word banned on the board? Im new here
    The word is not banned, but it is an insult and insults are a violation of the TOS. Since everyone has to sign/acknowledge the TOS before their account is activated, it is recommended that everyone read the board rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    People call Incognito a thug and rightfully so.

Kind of blows that race baiting theory out if the water huh?
    Agreed, and people who find thug synonymous with being black is inadvertently racist in itself... imo :celery

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Maybe not here, because we don't follow them that closely, nor do we care. I'm sure you could find a Patriots forum where some of their fans were saying the same thing.
    Hernandez was a bad ass in college and got into trouble and that was brought up on the boards as Bellichet drafted him anyway.

Same thing was said about Coward when Big Jen got into that rape scandal. It was posted that Coward knew about the problems and drafted him anyway.

It boomeranged back on those coaches. Same as the Rams for drafting Lawrence Phillips who ended up in jail and we all called that one at the time.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-10-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The word is not banned, but it is an insult and insults are a violation of the TOS. Since everyone has to sign/acknowledge the TOS before their account is activated, it is recommended that everyone read the board rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's only an insult if it is used on another member. AS HR said, Incognito was called a thug too and rightly so.

Kind of blows that race baiting theory out if the water huh?

Man some members like to stretch this shit thinner than a human hair.

My oldest boy (18) went camping with his friends. He got drunk with his buddies, i guess that was my fault or maybe his mom or his teachers fault.

I teach my kids right from wrong. I tell them the mistakes i made growing up and teach them not to follow in my footsteps but to make their own path.

When i send them out into the world with their friends i trust them to make the right decision. They don't always do that. I cannot hold their hands 24/7.

Football players are grown men and they make mistakes/bad choices. Coaches and team "leaders" (i call bullshit) don't control the entire roster. Maybe a few guys may consider what someone on the team might say about a bad decision but you can bet most could give two shits less.

These guys don't need "leadership" they need common fucking sense.

They need to realize that being a professional athlete in a public place with liquor involved makes you a prime target for stupid shit to happen.

They need to realize that having a lot of money and hanging with your posse at the bar tossing said money around and getting liquored up is asking for trouble.

Pro athletes are prime targets and when they put themselves into bad situations trouble often follows.

People behave badly... and often stupidly.

That doesn't make them a "thug."

Originally a thug ("thak" i.e swindler) was a paid assassin who strangled his victims with a short length of rope. In the early part of the 20th century a thug was member of an organized crime family and today it means... well, I don't know... whatever the interwebs wants it to mean; I recently read an account of Justin Bieber being a thug.

Anyway Baltimore isn't getting "thugged" out. People get arrested all the time for behaving badly or stupidly. Maybe it attracts more attention when they're athletes or celebrities. I've been arrested before and neither my wife nor my children would call me a thug.

Shit happens. People make mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And if any one has ever claimed Ray was the perfect leader I suppose you'd have a point.
    You're the one who keeps saying Ray might be right when he says there is no leadership on this team. Well, with HIS leadership, we mad multiple arrests.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    You're the one who keeps saying Ray might be right when he says there is no leadership on this team. Well, with HIS leadership, we mad multiple arrests.
    Saying that Ray may have been right doesn't mean he was perfect, which you and others keep insinuating.

Of course shit still happened when Ray was on the team. Nobody said otherwise. These guys are adults and eventually go home to their lives.

But this many instances in a short period of time tell me some sort of accountability is missing from this team and it's not a huge stretch anymore to say that thing that might be missing is that big brother accountability Ray and Reed offered.