Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

QB Future for Ravens

I have to say, Kyle came in again under pressure and played really well!! Watching McNair play has been the best medicine for Kyle in learning the situational aspects of playing QB.

As long as McNair...

• stays healthy

• plays smart

• doesn't turn the ball over

• keeps us in the game

...he should continue to start! But the best security we have is knowing Kyle can come off the bench and perform! Should McNair start to falter, or even choke, it may be time for a pure evaluation of who will be the better starter in the Ravens moving forward.

Re: QB Future for Ravens

McNair and Boller both played very well yesterday. We need to finish off drives better (with TDs instead of FGs) but overall, you have to like the QB play right now. The defense gagged and the Boller-led offense bailed them out -- who could have predicted that?

Gulp! For once we have a good qb tandem.

Thats hard for me to say but keep the wins coming and I'm a happy camper.

boller is doing what is expected of him. He's not the same qb from the past.

From this point forward I am no longer hating Kyle. I'm not a hugger. Lets just say I am embracing him.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I think an open mind is the sign of growth. I wasn't sold on Boller until these few glimpses we have seen. I just wasn't ready to give up on him.

I think he has seen the light, I think McNair has taught him how to relax and scan the field and take what is given. Check down and take the easy 8 yards even if you miss seeing a long ball that is open. Look long, but check down unless it is open, don't stand there in a panic waiting for your deep route to open, if it isn't there check down and move the chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I think an open mind is the sign of growth. I wasn't sold on Boller until these few glimpses we have seen. I just wasn't ready to give up on him.

I think he has seen the light, I think McNair has taught him how to relax and scan the field and take what is given. Check down and take the easy 8 yards even if you miss seeing a long ball that is open. Look long, but check down unless it is open, don't stand there in a panic waiting for your deep route to open, if it isn't there check down and move the chains.
    This sums up my thoughts as well. Having a vet around for Boller to learn from is paying dividends. Hopefully he can keep it up.

6. Re: QB Future for Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by FHRaven View Post
    This sums up my thoughts as well. Having a vet around for Boller to learn from is paying dividends. Hopefully he can keep it up.

It makes me wonder why they didn't follow this formula five seasons ago when they drafted Boller?

From the looks of this season Boller may be the starter next season

Quote Originally Posted by Jggjaron View Post
    From the looks of this season Boller may be the starter next season
    I think there's a greater likelihood of seeing Boller start than anyone else. There would be too much cap benefit of cutting McNair to pass up on it; Troy Smith isn't going anywhere; and I can't see a FA unless another Drew Brees were to fall out of the sky.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Warner is a year older than McNair. We also don't have a fitzgerald or a Boldin on our team. I'm tired of getting QBs on the downside of their careers. Boller is young and knows our system and seems to be coming into his own. I'd rather roll the dice with Boller, then go back to playing it safe with an aging vet.

BTW tex, Ozzie has final say on who we draft and who we sign as a FA, not Billick. Ozzie would have been the one to decide about bringing in a vet to mentor Kyle after we drafted him. He also could have made some moves to make sure a raw rookie had some surrounding talent at wideout and o-line. In the past Billick has wanted Brad Johnson. Ozzie got him Scott Mitchell. Billick wanted Brad Johnson again. Ozzie got him Elvis Grbac. You cannot blame Billick for who is on the roster, only who is on the field. One other thing. Boller did outplay your boy, Redman during his first year QB competition.

I just wanna ask, why Tex Ritter fans thread was removed from the forum? Please moderator

It is great to see Kyle-Man doing so well. As much so as all of the fans of
    this board and stadium beginning to give him his due whether it is turning the
    corner or what. Gotta admit, the guy has hung in there and taken all the fan
    BS they could throw - and there was plenty!

Go Ravens!!!

Go Kyle Man!!!

Go Stevie!!!

Lets get the 4th qtr defense fixed....

:usa: :)

12. Re: QB Future for Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Warner is a year older than McNair. We also don't have a fitzgerald or a Boldin on our team. I'm tired of getting QBs on the downside of their careers. Boller is young and knows our system and seems to be coming into his own. I'd rather roll the dice with Boller, then go back to playing it safe with an aging vet.

BTW tex, Ozzie has final say on who we draft and who we sign as a FA, not Billick. Ozzie would have been the one to decide about bringing in a vet to mentor Kyle after we drafted him. He also could have made some moves to make sure a raw rookie had some surrounding talent at wideout and o-line. In the past Billick has wanted Brad Johnson. Ozzie got him Scott Mitchell. Billick wanted Brad Johnson again. Ozzie got him Elvis Grbac. You cannot blame Billick for who is on the roster, only who is on the field. One other thing. Boller did outplay your boy, Redman during his first year QB competition.
    Warner isn't the answer either. As long as he has time and is upright Warner can still sling it. But, isn't that 90% of all pro QB's?

The Boller-Redman "competition" was similar to the proverbial one legged man in an ass-kicking contest. Redman couldn't even take snaps without falling over himself in Tony Banks like fashion and we understand in hindsight that Redman was injured. It would have been better for Redman to start but he played so poorly and then his confidence was shattered.
    Grbac was expected to be the answer for years to come as he was seen as an upgrade over Dilfer. Did anyone really know that Elvis would tank out so badly and leave us with a gaping question mark at QB?