Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Putin kicks OBYs ass in Ukrane

After giving a limp warning to Putin that was even pathetic by OBYs standards, Putin invades the Ukrane with his crack Storm Troopers causing complete kaos and alarm while OBY parties and declares happy hour-lol calling it an "uncontested arrival not an invasion."

Phone and internet services have been disrupted not to mention important thing like food, clothing and shelter.

Now Kerry comes out with a few more limp warnings about sanctions vs Russian and this and that and Putin laughs and says it will boomerang back to the U.S and puts his troops on the move again.

Condi Rice said Putin is playing chess and exploiting OBY.

Elsewhere, Palin got it right. She said Russia would invade Ukrane if OBY were elected.

There's a new fear of Putin trying to re-start the Cold War and make Russia a top super power again while he denies it. All this ass kicking after everything OBY did for him like slashing Pentagon budgets and reducing our military to his advantage.

No wodner Putin is laughing at OBY.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...appy-hour.php#!

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...appy-hour.php#!
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-08-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Putin kicks OBYs ass in Ukrane

BTW, former Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld was asked if Russia was re-starting the Cold War about a year ago and he said no way. They just don't have the resources and might that Stalin had and the Soviet Union went broke. Russia will too despite it's oil resources.

Putin has rebuilt Russia's image just the same.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-14-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Was Putin kicking Bush's ass when he invaded Georgia?
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

1). Ukraine and Russia have a treaty in place specifically allowing up to 25,000 troops in the Crimean Peninsula for "military presence and exercises".

2). There are only about 6,000 troops in Crimea right now.

3) A majority of the population in Crimea is Russian and/or pro-Russia, so they would rather be a part of Russia than Ukraine.

4) Russia has a majority of their money tied up in the EU and they know the EU doesn't have the balls to cut them off, which would do some major damage to the Russian economy.

I'm not really sure there is much the US can really do without the EU being all in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    1). Ukraine and Russia have a treaty in place specifically allowing up to 25,000 troops in the Crimean Peninsula for "military presence and exercises".

3) A majority of the population in Crimea is Russian and/or pro-Russia, so they would rather be a part of Russia than Ukraine.

4) Russia has a majority of their money tied up in the EU and they know the EU doesn't have the balls to cut them off, which would do some major damage to the Russian economy.

I'm not really sure there is much the US can really do without the EU being all in.

Stop it! Your making too much sense...hurts my head. ;)
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

I mean, it is worrisome. No doubt.

But the international community can't really do much because of that treaty.

Blog Entries

OBY did warn them not to as limp as it was.

Those 6,000 are crack Russian storm troopers. See the link. Theyre not exactly reservists.

Treaty or not the world is pissed off not to mention the Ukranians. Simple services like
    electricity has been cut off not to mention food. Russian troops and militias seize a hospital in Ukraine's Crimea.

Make no mistake about it, it's a power play by Putin.

Do sanctions really work which is what Kerry wants.

Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-11-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Blog Entries

Sanctions will only work if the EU is serious about it, which they haven't been thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

/\A Russian friend of mine confirmed this last night. /\
    Ukraine is very split... Half are very anti-Russia, the other half very pro-Russia

I think, that Obama might have some behind closed doors talks with Putin that Russia may "owe us one" if we roll over and let Russia take the peninsula back.

Blog Entries

Did Truman, Nixon and Reagan roll over for them?

Hell, Kennedy didn't even roll over for them. Kicked them out of Cuba and he clobbered
    Kruchev in Berlin.

"Roll Over" is the them for OBY.

Blog Entries

Kerry told the Ukrane's PM that the U.S. is firmly behind them as their soverign rights are in question. That is the issue, soverign rights, but I'm sure he made the PM feel much better about kicking the Ruskies out.

Does what is happening in the Ukraine pose any direct threat to the United States?

If the answer is "no", than other than making a statement about hoping for the day when issues like these can be solved without the use of force and violence*, that should be the extent of our involvement.

I am not a fan of "economic sanctions" because they really hurt the common citizen (which in turn sows hatred and resentment back at the US) and rarely causes those in power to alter their actions.

*Such statements would carry much more credibility if the US actually practiced what we preached.