Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Upper deck renovations

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Yes, absolutely!

The lack of escalators and adequate restroom facilities make our stadium one of the worst in the NFL. :grbac: At $100/ticket average price per ticket, I am shaking my head in disbelief that 18 years after opening the stadium, it still lacks these basic facilities. Other cities with aging or inadequate stadium facilities retrofitted escalators: SF, Jax, Miami Gardens, even the Danny Snyders (out of his own "greedy" pockets). Even dumpy Memorial Stadium had escalators.

Also: the mediocre food upstairs. Almost every other NFL stadium I have been to has better upper deck food quality and variety of choices. Baltimore City restaurants provide outstanding food choices, and national media rave about our crabcakes, but the upper deck serves up "food" which is nothing like our reputation. At $100 at ticket, I would expect some variety and quality of food offerings, not just greasy hot dogs and stale popcorn & pretzels.

I am with Trap on the advantage of club seats, but I am with everyone else that they are grossly overpriced. We have them, but I would rather go back to my old upper deck seats if the Ravens would cure the deficiencies.

btw: Where is Losac's graphic of Old Man Yells at Clouds?
    That's Lobachecky's pic.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Bc-
    Given my puerile sense of humor, your post and the image of launching management types out of Cleve made me laugh and think of a scene from one of my absolute favorite puerile movies!

I heard from TL24X7 on Facebook that as long as Steve Bisciotti is owner, there will never be escalators to the 500 level. One reason they weren't included in the stadium design was that Art Modell had trouble maintaining them in Cleveland, but Municipal Stadium was so terrible they had to have port a potties on the concourse due to the plumbing problems. I heard New England doesn't have them either due to the cold. I would like to see Wi Fi access in the stadium, perhaps with an enhanced Ravens smartphone app which would tell you stuff like concession stands and rest rooms, but since their sponsor is Verizon, I'm not holding my breath.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Bc-
    Given my puerile sense of humor, your post and the image of launching management types out of Cleve made me laugh and think of a scene from one of my absolute favorite puerile movies!
    LOL...Monty Python, one of my favorites... Bc