Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up The Ravens should never make a major uniform change

While I concede the Ravens don't have the best uniforms (not unlike the Buccaneers), they do have a dark, rugged and very distinct brand in the NFL that fits the city of Baltimore and the east coast in general.

While the bird has been blamed as being cartoonish, that does not seem to dominate the team's overall energy, in fact it often gets buried in the darkness of the whole team's style.

The police 'shield' - the midfield logo - may just be the best feature of the uniform and yet it is subdued, in typical Baltimoresque fashion. I see no reason to promote the shield to becoming the helmet logo, given the rich history this team has enjoyed in such a short period of NFL history.

With Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed, Sam Adams, Jamal Lewis, Peter Boulware, Michael McCrary, Jon Ogden donning the current uniform, and with 2 Super Bowl championships, is there any going back now?

Re: The Ravens should never make a major uniform change

I like our units...there's only 3 small things I'd change.

I'm not a fan of our number font...I prefer traditional block numbers, I'd wear the black pants every game with every jersey, and I'd put the traditional white and purple stripes that go the entire length on the sides of the pants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I don't love our jerseys, I just think they're kind of boring. Not as bad as the Brownies though, those are the worst and most boring jerseys in the NFL. Sums up their team.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens47 View Post
    I don't love our jerseys, I just think they're kind of boring. Not as bad as the Brownies though, those are the worst and most boring jerseys in the NFL. Sums up their team.
    Just take your avatar for example.

How does that uniform NOT look awesome?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

I'd be OK with it if they never change

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

6. Re: The Ravens should never make a major uniform change

I wish they would try that cloth that is black and has a purple hew to it when light shines on it, for an alternative uni...They used to have that type of thread on some cloth during the opening of one of their Ravens shows. I think that would make an AWESOME night uniform too!
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 03-04-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    I wish they would try that cloth that is black and has a purple hew to it when light shines on it, for an alternative uni...They used to have that type of thread on some cloth during the opening of one of their Ravens shows. I think that would make an AWESOME night uniform too!
    Second. I remember someone posting a picture of that type of fabric on here a few years back. It would look awesome

Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind if they change the unis to blue and white with a horse shoe on the helmet. :)

Seriously, I liked the original logo of the flying B. Still got a sweat shirt with it. Peter King said the logo at mid field is the best looking logo in the league.

I agree.

I would agree with part of the OP's statement - change "never" to "not". But only because I would fear going from bad to worse. After seeing the new Tampa uniforms, on top of the Seattle and Cincinatti uniforms:

Our teams' uniforms are not the worst in the NFL, but near the bottom. Cartoon bird, helmet striping, black pants look like pajama bottoms, no purple in the road uniform -- all add up to a need for a moderate overhaul.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

The Flying B... Wow... Couldn't stand it. We are the Ravens. Not some weird looking B thing that has nothing to do with a Raven Bird. The cartoon Raven head is a 100x better. If you want to argue that the face-on Raven logo would be better, or modify the Raven Head to make it a little more menacing, I'd be up for that. But all in all, its a lot better logo than most of the recent new ones (Titans/Jags/Panthers) b/c its simplistic.

As far as Jersey/Pants... I like the Purple & White or Black & White (Jersey/Pants) for Home, and the White & Black for Away. Purple & Black... nope. Black & Black... PJs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I like our units...there's only 3 small things I'd change.

I'm not a fan of our number font...I prefer traditional block numbers, I'd wear the black pants every game with every jersey, and I'd put the traditional white and purple stripes that go the entire length on the sides of the pants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I'm on the other side of the number font. I love it, and prefer it very much over the Steelers' horrible block numbers. There is very little I would change about our uniforms. I love them just the way they are.

Blog Entries

I like the "cartoon" bird. Think it is stylish. It's a bird for goodness sake. It's not going to scare anyone.

I would dump the black pants-----they look like pajamas. I would also consider wearing purple pants that are consistent with the white pants. But I would only wear them with the white jerseys. I agree the number font could be more traditional. The piping on the helmet looks ridiculous. I would also go back to the white socks worn in SB 35.