Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Preseason Game 2: Post Game Thoughts

That looked like the Musa Smith I saw at Georgia -- very encouraging. And both McNair and Boller looked good. I realize that we only scored three points in the first half, but McNair was still 14-for-18 and looked very solid. Boller looked much more composed than usual, no easy task considering the OL was getting him killed.

Which brings me to the downside of the night -- the OL in the second half was awful. Really, REALLY bad. Maybe it wasn't just the OL, maybe it was the pass protection in general including TEs and RBs, but whatever it was, it was pretty brutal. I am beginning to worry about our punting, too.

On the flip side, the DL in the second half was very impressive, especially against the run. Or maybe the Eagles backups were just really bad.

All in all, a nice game, as preseason games go.
    Last edited by highwater; 08-18-2006 at 10:17 AM.

Or maybe the Eagles backups were just really bad.
    They seem that way. The difference in quality of play between the 1st and 2nd teams was huge. They are in big trouble if McNabb goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz
    - Who says that Musa Smith is not a change of pace back?
    I think that is precisely what he will be this year. We will have a three headed monster. Jamal, early and often, MA in short yardage and goalline, and Musa on third and long. Noone should get tired. If we jsut keep making first downs on first and second so that MA and Musa wouldn't see the field then they can take turns spelling Jamal on 2nd and 5 and such. There certainly are worse scenarios then not seeing third and long or third and short. There is a problem wit hnever seeing the goalline formation, unless ofcourse we keep scoring too often from far out.

I agree PJ Daniels to the P.S. he doesn't have it yet.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

C'MON REFS! Real questionable calls...I still thought the McNair fumble should've been overturned.
    I don't see how, he hadn't even finished cocking his arm to throw, much less had it going forward. I thought that was a terrible challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    I don't see how, he hadn't even finished cocking his arm to throw, much less had it going forward. I thought that was a terrible challenge.
    I agree, terrible and pointless.

Scallywag brought up Cody. I think he VERY close to making a BIG difference. He was soooo close a few times, and never stopped getting after it. I think once he works out a few "rookie" things (I count this as his rookie year) such as the "speed of the game" thing and the "overpursue" thing that he will be deadly.

I am way pumped up about our running backs, and like the ball control offense a lot.
    SS

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Whatever rehab Musa had.You better take notes and patent it.You could earn millions.Could be comeback player of the year?

Flags,get them out of the system in preseason.Get hollered at in the filmroom.
    Learn from it.And don't pull that stuff again in the regular season.

I think the Ravens on the whole handled themselves well against a very good team.

Boller to DVD,man that was good to hear.Great for DVD to finally get the wraps off and show us what he has.

Bruise looks like your boy is coming good.[DVD].
    Last edited by RavenTD; 08-18-2006 at 05:20 PM.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Also---Did anyone else notice the screens, or was I hallucinating?
    SS

I think the game was filled with easy correctable mental mistakes. McNair showed poise in the pocket. Our defense took some questionable calls. Especially the def. pass interfernce call. I didn't know beating the reciever to the ball meant a flag. I'd like to see Willams run with the 1st offense.
    -John