Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The TAG thread

Blog Entries

Re: The TAG thread

Art Jones is as good as gone. I hope he doesn't go to Cleveland. Their D is already good enough.

Blog Entries

I really don't see the Ravens tagging anyone unless it's a temporary leverage while working out a long term deal. Just too expensive.

Projected 2014 franchise-tag amounts (from NFL Media's Albert Breer)
    Position
    Salary
    Quarterback
    $16.2 million
    Defensive end
    $12.6 million
    Wide receiver
    $11.6 million
    Cornerback
    $11.3 million
    Offensive lineman
    $11.2 million
    Linebacker
    $11 million
    Defensive tackle
    $9.2 million
    Running back
    $9.1 million
    Safety
    $8.1 million
    Tight end
    $6.8 million
    Kicker/punter
    $3.4 million
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The Ravens aren't going to let Monroe go. They going to work like hell to get him signed before they have to tag. If not he's going to be tagged and then they'll try and get a deal before the next deadline.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

So clarify for me, the Ravens have not tagged anyone, YET?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Ravens aren't going to let Monroe go. They going to work like hell to get him signed before they have to tag. If not he's going to be tagged and then they'll try and get a deal before the next deadline.
    I share your thought. I'd find it hard to believe Ozzie would trade 4th and 5th round picks just to "rent" Monroe for part of one season. IMO the TAG would be last resort, but I think Ozzie would use it if he absolutely had to... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Nope.

He is not close to as important to this team as Pitta IMHO and especially Monroe.

I think while he is a good, solid player, he is approaching getting overrated on this board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    He def isn't as important as Monroe, but i think I'd rather have him than pitta. I'm just not sure it's either Monroe or pitta in the FO minds

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    He def isn't as important as Monroe, but i think I'd rather have him than pitta. I'm just not sure it's either Monroe or pitta in the FO minds
    I understand, but I wouldn't tag anybody other than Monroe if it was deemed necessary to use it.

No way Jones is worth it...he's a good player, but not irreplaceable at a position that doesn't have a lot of value.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

With the current state of the NFL, quick passing, short passes, quick releases etc, Art is not as valuable as Monroe. Pitta to me is up in the air based off of his injury. He did come back, but can he continue to produce as a $6 mil dollar TE. I think that money benefits us elsewhere regardless if he his Joe's BFF. to many question marks and we just dropped Boldin ($6 mil)who was virtually just like Pitta up the middle

Blog Entries

One week in, not a single tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Ozzie is going to let Jones walk and get a monster deal for the comp pick next year.

Blog Entries

Three days left without a single team using the tag so far. Seems pretty likely that Jimmy Graham will be tagged and then it will likely go to arbitration after he files a grievance.

That one will be interesting

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Three days left without a single team using the tag so far. Seems pretty likely that Jimmy Graham will be tagged and then it will likely go to arbitration after he files a grievance.

That one will be interesting

Why would any team tag a player early? Teams are going to use the tag as leverage to get a deal done. They're going to keep negotiating until the last possible minute. If a deal isn't done then they'll tag. If they use the tag early negotiations are going to break down until the deadline to sign a tagged player hits in the early Summer.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

That last couple hours of the deadline are going to be tag-erific.

I think that Monroe's tag # ($11 million I think) would be fine considering that the top tackles are getting upwards of $15 million and that the cap has been pushed up significantly. I don't think you can value pick a LT in freeagency this year with all of the $$ almost assured to be thrown around.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    I think Ozzie is going to let Jones walk and get a monster deal for the comp pick next year.
    I don't think Arthur Jones (DT) will get a monster deal. I do believe he will get a contract that will give the Ravens a 4th round pick in 2015 though... Bc

Can't tag Monroe if the tag number is 11m. Once you do that you have set the floor at 11m. You will never get a deal done where it should be if you tag him. He should get around 8m per year.